This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#857704 by hat
18 Sep 2013, 21:50
got the the Newark lounge way early this afternoon for the VS2 - so early in fact that they were still serving an indian menu for the Indian Airways & Jet Airways PAX sharing the lounge. I was invited to try this or wait for the VS menu which is good.

First impressions out of the elevator & turn the corner wondering why there's only a sign for the BA lounge & you are hit by a twinkling dark tunnel entrance to the VS Lounge, very classy looking. On entry the lounge is much larger than the old one, much lighter as well despite still having no windows although it does have a large central skylight. There are lots of different seating areas & nooks to choose from - i've bagged the green leather sofa in the corner. There are some nice designer touches such as the restroom signs having statue of liberty style male & female figures.

One thing that surprises me right off though is how dirty some of the seats are. Many of the soft cushions hace large stains, one corner booth style soft area is filthy & covered in what i assume are food stains. This is very dissapointing given that its only a few months old. Clearly housekeeping needs some attention.