This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#858694 by itisme
01 Oct 2013, 13:35
Hello all from the LHR Clubhouse.

Will depart in 2 hours to YVR . Seems to be very buys in the house with Newyork/Tokyo and others leaving around this time.

There's one thing I would like to mention: The check-in staff at UC desks at heathrow. I NEVER EVER find them happy/friendly/cheerful. There's always some persons hanging about in front of the desks helping you with luggage or just asking where you going and directing you to the desks and those are always a friendly bunch but then when you get to the desks not even a 'hello' 'welcome'. I just hand over my passport and all you get is 'how much luggage'? And 'do you know where the clubhouse is'. That was all today and was the same on a lot of other occasions there. Abroad when checking in they are really friendly and welcoming.

I don't need to chat on for half an hour but just a friendly smile or so. They always seem to be busier chatting amongst themselves then even to look a person checking in into the eyes.

Clubhouse staff and onboard (mostly) staff are usually awesome but I'd say 80% of the time I don't walk away from the check-in desks feeling like I had a nice experience...

Anyway... time to enjoy the clubhouse again and then off to the Rainy NW!