This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#25901 by jaguarpig
19 Feb 2004, 12:15
You should not get either but I don't think I would bother pointing this out to VS FC.
#25910 by TJ
19 Feb 2004, 18:25
I've just booked an M+M trip for September. I'll report back on whether the same happens to me! (fingers crossed!) ;)

TJ
#25937 by RichardMannion
20 Feb 2004, 15:16
Yes you have got miles and tier points and its a mistake due to human error and the way that the system handles bookings. Economy MpM tickets are booked in N, X or Q class depending on route and availability. Now N class earn nothign regardless of its MpM or normal revenue, however X and Q are mileage capable. In your actual booking, there is more than one place where the FC Number can be stored as there are times like for MpM and Select voucher bookings where the customers status needs to be noted so that it appears on the Passenger manifests, but they are not entitled to miles. What I would assume is that when you checked in and handed your card over, the check-in agent didn't check to see the full details of the booking and entered your 'apparantly' missing FC nubmer, and if you are on a X or Q ticket then the miles and Tier Points will appear. One reason why a bit of a shuffle up is likely to happen with the fare classes in regards to MpM - I know that PE now has S class, and that K is used for MpM flights (like Z is used for Upper Class MpM flights). Miles cost the company, so I can quite honestly see a re-jig on the fare classes so that there are specific ones for MpM in each class which will most definitely not earn TP's or miles. Its not difficult as they don't need to be opened up outside VS to the travel agents.

A small note for you though, look at the front page of this site. Notice that Virgin Atlantic referred to the site in IFly? Do you think they read the posts here to? You have your name in your profile and some data around your flights, they are well within their rights to remove the miles and TP's.

Thanks,
Richard
#26062 by ghagger
24 Feb 2004, 12:48
Thanks for clearing that up for me Richard, I knew it had something to do with the fare codes.

Anyway, not much I can do about my post now, hopefully they'll leave it alone :)
Virgin Atlantic