This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#881180 by Jodybuk
26 Aug 2014, 15:33
Having been stranded in LA for 6 days due to the last volcanic chaos I am keeping a very close eye on this weeks activity ahead of my trip state side next month.

I have come across this...

[i]Since 2010 many insurers have added clauses to their travel policies excluding cover for volcanic ash clouds.
While airlines are legally required to cover cancelled flights inside the EU, extra costs such as extended hotel stays may not be included. British forecasters are particularly concerned by the risk because winds are currently blowing in from Iceland, meaning any eruption is likely to affect airports in the UK. Laura Young, of the Met Office, said last night: ‘There is a north-westerly airflow at the moment and it looks like it will stay that way until Sunday or Monday.

Last time Virgin were brilliant & provided meals & accommodation , does anyone know if the policy has changed? If I do get stranded again (which would be just my luck)what is my worst case scenario??

Many thanks