This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#886605 by AlphaEcho
29 Oct 2014, 17:07
Just booked a couple of reward flights on Little Red for me and my other half to go to Edinburgh in March.

Taking advantage of the current reward promo as we're both Silver I phoned the Flying Club to book them at the reduced mileage.

Guy I spoke to didn't really know anything about them, told me that it was going to be 7,500 miles each even after I had given him my flying club number. So explained the promo to him and was put on hold whilst he went to check it out.

When he came back he agreed it was only 5,000 miles each so went ahead and booked them, then he said there would be a £7 surcharge for doing the booking through the Flying Club. Again I pointed out to him that because I couldn't book these flights any other way except by phone and that the £7 fee should be waived according to the e-mail I had received he went off to check. When he came back he agreed and finally all seemed well and the flights were booked.

About 10 minutes later got our e-tickets via e-mail and for some reason later in the afternoon I decided to have a look at my flying club account to see if the miles had gone.

These flights which should have cost me 5,000 miles infact cost me 12,500 miles :(! It seemed he had deducted 2 lots of 3,750 miles for each leg which would have been the normal amount then another 5,000 miles for the booking ^)

Time for another phone call to the Flying Club and this time someone who knew what they were doing but admitted to being completely confused why the previous person I had spoken to had deducted so many miles from my account. Without needing to go off and speak to anyone else he apologised for his colleagues error and promptly refunded the miles onto my account. I then asked him to check my partners account and sure enough same thing had happened, 12,500 miles deducted instead of the 5,000. Again these were quickly reinstated.

So I've now learnt, always a good idea to check your account after having any dealings with the Flying Club in the future.

Steve.