This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#893612 by Snora
26 Jan 2015, 09:48
althought I am pretty excited about our first UC flight and going to Cape Town tomorrow - it is all organised and now we just have to be there and do it - I do like something to be in the pipeline/planning stage.
so we are toying with the idea of a month in NZ in Jan/Feb '16. first time to that part of the world .

we have two AMEX upgrade vouchers but can see that you can't choose 'spend miles' when doing a dummy booking for the whole distance. so..... how feasible is it to fly to say LAX using the vouchers then have a separate booking from LAS to AUK probably with Air NZ and pay for those?
Timing would be crucial so we can allow for late flights etc but an overnight at LAX would be fine. Having been to LA before we don't really want to stay any longer.
we don't mind the direction we go in, Singapore could be an option.We haven't been there before or indeed HK, Shanghai, Dubai - but as we need to book using our vouchers by June 15 I am starting to look at the options.
Maybe a phone call to the guys at FC would sort it for me , but one of you Forum buddies may have done such a trip and can offer some key advice ?

Still a Novice here in The Departure Lounge but if I can work out what I need to do I will do a TR from our CPT flight tomorrow. Watch this space..... :?