This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933857 by TimCrawley
28 Mar 2017, 14:11
I can see NO spending in my Activity so if you add it all up my account should be in the 100,000's :D
Spent a lot Dec\Jan so should be there now I would have thought


I rechecked and my bookings were made on 15th and 16th January (so wasn't same day but probably same night as was using up miles just before the FC redemptions changed!) and only the 15th January booking shows on my activity with the 100k mileage deduction but both lots of 100k were deducted from my miles so my balance is right. Bizarre.

Hope all those with problems get them sorted out!
#933858 by Pianofunk
28 Mar 2017, 14:24
After months away, just catching up on these website posts

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having difficulties ..... what an absolute shambles of a website to navigate - I'm on the verge of giving up and going to the dark side too
#933879 by Silver Fox
28 Mar 2017, 21:20
Pianofunk wrote:After months away, just catching up on these website posts

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having difficulties ..... what an absolute shambles of a website to navigate - I'm on the verge of giving up and going to the dark side too


Well before you do, have a read of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1831979-i-ve-had-enough-now.html and see the people you might have to share a cabin with! The poor OP got absolutely walloped for no reason which is typical there! This is such a nicer place!
#933886 by jayden
29 Mar 2017, 07:12
Made a mileage booking yesterday and on new system customer service cant put both pax on same booking when taking mileage from separate account.

Was quite funny as the CS rep started going off on a little rant about the new system :-D Least we are not the only ones with problems!
#933900 by Pianofunk
29 Mar 2017, 10:07
Silver Fox wrote:
Pianofunk wrote:After months away, just catching up on these website posts

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having difficulties ..... what an absolute shambles of a website to navigate - I'm on the verge of giving up and going to the dark side too


Well before you do, have a read of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1831979-i-ve-had-enough-now.html and see the people you might have to share a cabin with! The poor OP got absolutely walloped for no reason which is typical there! This is such a nicer place!


On second thoughts, Silver Fox .... perhaps I'd better learn to be more tolerant :cool:
#933924 by Darren Wheeler
29 Mar 2017, 14:23
David wrote:
DoomWolf wrote:Logged into Shops Away today for my weekly link to Sainsburys's online shop and noticed that the site has now been properly integrated into the new VS site.


Yes, noticed that, but they've created another necessity to log in even though your logged in already. :-(

David


There's now a 'Remember me' check box.
#933970 by Sealink
30 Mar 2017, 17:46
Silver Fox wrote:
Pianofunk wrote:After months away, just catching up on these website posts

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having difficulties ..... what an absolute shambles of a website to navigate - I'm on the verge of giving up and going to the dark side too


Well before you do, have a read of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1831979-i-ve-had-enough-now.html and see the people you might have to share a cabin with! The poor OP got absolutely walloped for no reason which is typical there! This is such a nicer place!


He was asking for it! While a FlyerTalk fan I do still love V Flyer more!
#934093 by blindman
04 Apr 2017, 19:05
TimCrawley wrote:
I can see NO spending in my Activity so if you add it all up my account should be in the 100,000's :D
Spent a lot Dec\Jan so should be there now I would have thought


I rechecked and my bookings were made on 15th and 16th January (so wasn't same day but probably same night as was using up miles just before the FC redemptions changed!) and only the 15th January booking shows on my activity with the 100k mileage deduction but both lots of 100k were deducted from my miles so my balance is right. Bizarre.

Hope all those with problems get them sorted out!

Got a reply from VAPartner Miles mail box
They sent me a spreadsheet with ALL my activity since I started :-)

Quick sum and it seems they owe me 25000 miles!

It also shows I was give 500 miles for the East coast promo.

The On-line account activity is almost useless as it doesn't show half of the activities and I cannot search a large range of dates.
I got into a Chat on the web and the CS said she would send me my account history-Haven’t got it yet-4 days later. >-(

What I do not understand is If they have all the activity why is the Balance as shown on-line wrong?

I’m sure in the pre-awful web-site I could see my balance after every transaction?
#934102 by Stevieboy
04 Apr 2017, 23:04
I too got a reply today regarding my incorrect total and missing miles. According to VS MBNA have been crediting peoples accounts with double the number of bonus miles so they have removed 13,000 to correct this. However, I have been through my statement (like Blindman they sent me a statement of all activity dating back to when I joined in 2005) and surprise surprise there is not credit of 26,000 miles (or even 13,000) anywhere to be seen so I'm not sure where they think this bonus is >-(

-Steve
#934110 by blindman
05 Apr 2017, 10:56
Stevieboy wrote:I too got a reply today regarding my incorrect total and missing miles. According to VS MBNA have been crediting peoples accounts with double the number of bonus miles so they have removed 13,000 to correct this. However, I have been through my statement (like Blindman they sent me a statement of all activity dating back to when I joined in 2005) and surprise surprise there is not credit of 26,000 miles (or even 13,000) anywhere to be seen so I'm not sure where they think this bonus is >-(

-Steve


Well even if that was the excuse there is no activity to say the miles were deducted.

I shall see what story they make up to my reply of 4 days ago.

Snap
Joined Oct 2005 ;-)
#934145 by Silver Fox
06 Apr 2017, 23:17
So, looking at my activity, I see a few of these:

Premium VAA US Credit Card Tier Point Award Mileage 0 Tier Points 0

Why are they there? They are not there every month. I cannot think why there is any need for them to show. Just seems odd.
#934300 by spacedog
11 Apr 2017, 09:02
I posted several times a while back about how some miles from an SAS business class flight from MAN to NRT hadn't credited on my or my OH's accounts. After some follow ups and a claim our inbound flights were credited. Eventually my outbound was, too, but not my OH's. This was frustrating as he needed the 75 TP to get to AU. In January we flew to HKG in PE and the outbound flight was worth 75 TP meaning he achieved AU.

We both sent multiple polite requests to VS via email and Twitter still requesting his outbound to NRT be chased up. Everyone was very nice but totally ineffective. Eventually my OH sent a very strongly worded email which was replied to quickly and the miles were credited almost immediately (what a shame that he had to get stroppy to get anything after five months of being polite!)

However... the TP from the SAS flight were credited, but he's now 75 TP down because VS switched him over to AU with the later HKG flight resetting him to zero, and as the SAS flight was in November it seems those TP don't register. It's really annoying as he'll need those TP if he has any hope of retaining AU this year.
#934307 by jayden
11 Apr 2017, 13:44
I was still owed TP's when my membership year reset - but gave up chasing them as I requalified for Au anyway and seems like a dead end calling and emailing. Never know, maybe in 6 months some TP's will miraculously appear :D

And as long as all the flights were flown before the membership year expired then they should have credited it within that year, requalifying him if he met the criteria (old TP's * 25) of 1000 TPs
#934354 by mitchja
12 Apr 2017, 21:34
Not sure if anyone else has noticed but it looks like the way VS display tier points has now been changed on the website.

It's now only counting tier points earned within your fixed membership year and not your running total within your 12-13 month rolling period any more.

It does now tell you when your membership year expires though.

My tier point balance looks to have dropped from 700 to 300, but that's only because it's no longer counting tier points earned within the last 12 months but before your fixed membership year started/reset.

The bit that I now find very confusing is where it says 'To reach Gold you'll need to earn an additional xxx tier points' which in my case says 700. That isn't correct as in fact I only need to earn 300 more tier points to hit Gold because I earned an additional 400 tier points in August 2016 which whilst not in my fixed membership year are still valid for 12 months and do count towards status upgrades!!
#934358 by spacedog
12 Apr 2017, 22:44
Jayden, like you I just don't want the hassle of chasing it up. Basically after the inbound NRT flight he was at 925 TP-- the 75 TP from the missing outbound NRT flight would have put him at AU in November. However, as those miles took so long to appear, our flight to HKG in January put him at 1,000 and renewed his gold. He then started at 0 and got 75 TP for the return flight from HKG before the NRT flight was credited. So basically the 75 TP from NRT have been credited in the previous year, but so have the TP from the first HKG flight... so overall he is 75 TP down. I hope that makes sense! I think he was definitely a victim of their system being so messed up in November.

James, could you please tell me where you see your expiry date? I can't see it anywhere on my account and haven't been able to since the changeover to the new website. Similarly I have no info about Gold. I just renewed and am at 1,050 TP but there's nothing to acknowledge this anywhere. I definitely preferred the old layout, this one doesn't seem to give me a lot of information...
#934359 by mitchja
12 Apr 2017, 23:02
spacedog wrote:
James, could you please tell me where you see your expiry date? I can't see it anywhere on my account and haven't been able to since the changeover to the new website. Similarly I have no info about Gold. I just renewed and am at 1,050 TP but there's nothing to acknowledge this anywhere. I definitely preferred the old layout, this one doesn't seem to give me a lot of information...


Something weird is going on as it's now gone back to showing my tier points the 'old' way again but I did screen dump it when it showed the 'new' way. I'm using Safari on a Mac here if that makes any difference:

1) The 'old' way:

FC1.png
FC1.png (177.49 KiB) Viewed 11341 times


2) The 'new' way including expiry date:

FC2.png
FC2.png (171.2 KiB) Viewed 11341 times


The app still shows me as having 700 tier points.
#934360 by spacedog
13 Apr 2017, 01:24
Thanks, James! Mine has never looked like the 'new' way, it must be something they're trialling. It would be useful to know the expiry date! I think mine's now end of June.

On a separate note but still website related, is there any easy way to search for reward availability? I seem to be really struggling. I used to really like the old format that showed availability for the whole month. Has that been done away with entirely? Now when I search it just tells me there's no availability and to try again with different dates or routes.
#934379 by matt.hibb
13 Apr 2017, 12:04
When searching for rewards, I find it best to search for each leg as a one-way to figure out which dates are available. That way you can use the "Within 5 weeks" option and it will show 5 weeks worth of availability. However it will still only show availability in the cabin you selected from advanced options, so if you want to check all 3 cabins you have to search 3 times.
#934400 by mitchja
14 Apr 2017, 09:28
The website and app is now only showing you your tier points earned within your current 13 month fixed membership year.

Any tier points earned from flights taken within the last 12 months but before your membership year started/reset no longer show but still count towards reaching the next status level.

The bit that is now completely wrong if you are Silver or possibly Red (?) is the section that says 'To reach Gold you'll need to earn an additional xxx tier points' because that isn't counting tier points from flight taken within the last 12 months, it's only counting tier points from your current membership year.

Whilst VS have now made it easier to see how many tier points you need to re-equlaify at your current status level (including the date your membership year expires), they have now made it more difficult to see how many tier points your need to reach the next status level.
#934425 by scruickshank
15 Apr 2017, 10:16
Hi Spacedog,

I'm finding that searching "Within 5 Weeks" for Economy one way's on the whole is quite reliable, It's when it comes to UC we have a huge problem. I'm finding it's defaulting to Exact Day and offering no 5 week results. I would much rather it displayed the whole calendar saying NO FLIGHTS AVAILABLE as then at least you know you have the correct results displayed.... kind of like, it's better to get a zero value than just no results if you know what I mean. A customer service agent actually gave me some valuable information. When searching for 5 week availability if it does not return the calendar then amazingly NOT A SINGLE SEAT is available within that 5 week period. And i've had that problem A LOT. I was about to go through all the routes and work out which ones were actually what I thought "working" and which were not, JFK, DXB and a couple more seem to work but about 70% of routes don't. What that means is within those 5 week periods, there were NO UC seats on over 70% of the network. Worrying. And today (over 5 months after the downgrade) I just tried to book 4 adult UC flights and the BOOK FLIGHTS button doesn't work. That to me is the equivalent of opening a shop, and keeping the doors locked. Commercial suicide. I continually am finding this harder to believe as a previous national e-commerce web operator. I just simply cannot understand what management process exists at VS that is allowing this to happen? I can only (even more worryingly) assume that now the US is heavily involved, and speaking as a client of a major international US retailer, that there is a disturbing culture in the US of back stabbing and being nice to your face, then throwing you under the bus afterwards.... and a stringent hierarchy of people afraid for their positions to criticise the work of anyone superior for fear of fall out. Yet, if the sale items and seasonal changes can be uploaded and created then why can't the basic cogs of the engine work now for 5 months? We could (and I have) gone on too long about this. Please Oli, (as you must still read these posts - covertly now I guess) please, please get them to fix it. It's hugely damaging to this brand from many angles. If we had issues 1% as bad as this with our site (1500 product lines of retail) , we would fix them same day. One fix a day would have had this solved long ago. Yes, all companies have a corporate face and VS are traditionally great at marketing and public face, but a little bit of humility would have went a long way here. Oli posting again lately, saying something along the lines of.... Hi everyone, yes, we understand there have been and still are issues, we are tied by having to work in conjunction with the US and we are equally as frustrated as you are...... would at least give the indication someone actually gave a s*** and not that the website just "is what it is". Ignoring it and pretending that everything is brilliant, to me has been more damaging than even the slimmest of humble approaches. Never forget the customer base here are not idiots. I guess a large percentage are potentially in similar or higher positions in IT and Customer Loyalty in differing industries. Jeez, I would love to sit in a meeting at Crawley and give it to them both barrels to just get it done. Only they can fix it. Fingers crossed.
#934468 by Silver Fox
16 Apr 2017, 13:43
I find that it only defaults to the exact day if I use the back button, or click on "refine search" (or whatever they call it) but as I know now I just remember to change it. Can't disagree with much of what you say.
#934618 by Sealink
24 Apr 2017, 19:58
I can no longer access my Flying Club account after initial log in. When you click on the top right to access "My Flying Club", the "header" appears immediately below the existing header, with an error message. And they wonder why I am booking so much BA. Do they wonder? I doubt it.
500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

PDOStatement: Duplicate entry '207635874' for key 'PRIMARY'

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rosiej83, Yahoo [Bot] and 19 guests

Itinerary Calendar