This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#928668 by ColOrd
13 Nov 2016, 13:05
The seat maps are accessed from the top of the Payment Tab, its a slightly illogical place to have the launch menu to select seats and it should really have been its own tab.

I have had the same problems others have in that its asking to set the security questions every time I log in. I did it on my work Windows laptop and now its generated an email response confirming it's done it, whereas my Ipad and Mac didn't generate one.

My new booking for SFO now has three PNR's and I cannot add my FC number to the booking nor can I select seats.

My existing booking for JFK has had the seat maps updated and now reflects the "new" config 333 cabin, but there's no proper seats on the map, they just show as blocks, a quick check on the booking engine for a 333 operated flight next week shows the fully drawn maps rather than the "new" and probably rushed one for the new config.
#928670 by pontig
13 Nov 2016, 13:20
Anyone else notice on current bookings that their name has been converted to add mr/mrs to the end of their first name with no space inbetween? Not sure if this will cause a problem at check in - name not matching passport?!
#928671 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 13:24
Yes, my booking now has a mr in front of my name too.

Finally got logged in to my FC account - yay :-D

Several things wrong on my account as well.

It's seems to have given me 400 tier points even though I had 0 on my previous account as my Silver account was renewed in September this year?

It's also telling me my silver tier card expiry is November 2016 - which it's not as it should be November 2017?

Yes it also says:

To renew your silver tier, you need to renew 0 tier points
?

My mileage balance is correct at 24,906 but there are some strange transactions in my account:

31 August 2016 Activity Buy Miles Purchase Transaction Mileage 26,000 Tier Points 0

The transaction for the 2000 miles bonus I got for re-newing my Silver Account is gone too?
#928673 by SlimpyJones
13 Nov 2016, 13:37
jayden wrote:My TPs haven't been correctly inflated, had 38 yesterday and today I have 750 whereas at a 25x I should have 950. Anyone else had a problem with TPs?

Yeah - I have. I tracked down the issue and mine was missing bonus TPs awarded in the summer promotion earlier in the year.
#928674 by McCoy
13 Nov 2016, 13:42
Several odd discrepancies in my account too.. and I get 3 different values of miles awarded for one thing between the quick view, the full view and PDF view of account!
I'll assume it's still a work in progress, and wait a week or two before contacting them.
#928675 by jayden
13 Nov 2016, 13:42
Ah yes must be that for me too - the 200 difference is 3 TP's which I believe the summer promo was. I presume FC will credit these - have you spoken to them?

My activity only seems to go back to the end of July so I can't even see my flights from the summer, I forgot about that!
#928676 by newuser86
13 Nov 2016, 13:49
Trying a dummy booking for reward flights-

The system is a lot more difficult to find dates. You have to input what class you want before looking at dates and the calendar view will only show the flights available in that class. Before you could see what date rewards were available with either EC, PE or UC availability.

You also cant appear to be able to book different class bookings (out and return) unless booking two singles which to the US increases fees.

Not a fan of the new website at all, and would much prefer the old reward system put back. The 5 week calendar view also is a little temperamental at the moment (possibly website issues)
#928677 by SlimpyJones
13 Nov 2016, 13:51
jayden wrote:Ah yes must be that for me too - the 200 difference is 3 TP's which I believe the summer promo was. I presume FC will credit these - have you spoken to them?

200 "new" TPs equates to 8 "old" ones, so there might be more somewhere?

I gave them a call a little while ago, the lady who I spoke to investigated and called me back. Although it wasn't really clear on what the problem was, she said that she's emailed Flying Club who will resolve it.
I'm sure all these things will eventually get ironed out...!
#928678 by Wilbs
13 Nov 2016, 14:14
Looks like expert flyer aren't showing how many fare brackets are left at the moment, unless this will change in the coming days or has this option now gone as we can check seating on Virgin before booking?

this is what it is showing at the moment

1 Connections
VS 103 0 LHR
02/24/17 9:35 AM ATL
02/24/17 2:30 PM 333
Daily
81% / 18m JA CA DA IA ZA WA SA HA KA YA BA RA LA UA MA EA QA XA VA NA OA

VS (DL) 5171 0 ATL
02/24/17 4:00 PM MCO
02/24/17 5:32 PM 321
Su,M,T,W,Th,F
89% / 23m JA CA DL IL ZL WA SA HA KA YA BA RA LA UA MA EL QL XL VL NL OL
#928679 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 14:18
Yes, lots of bugs to iron out by the looks of it.

Today's a big day for airlines changing things it seems. AA are supposedly in the process of reticketing everyone who's booked in F on two-class domestic flights, which is very bad news for BA TP runners as the new booking classes will earn fewer TPs.
#928680 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 14:21
Wilbs wrote:Looks like expert flyer aren't showing how many fare brackets are left at the moment, unless this will change in the coming days or has this option now gone as we can check seating on Virgin before booking?

Didn't Delta stop disclosing their data a year or two back? Given that VS now use DL's system it may have gone for good, which would mean no more load checks.

You can still see seat maps but they're only useful up to a point as many passengers don't select seats in advance.
#928683 by SNOMO
13 Nov 2016, 14:51
I have tried everyway possible to get into my FFC account for the last 30 mins, to check my booking, to no avail >-(
I shall now go and try logging into my husbands account and see if the same happens!
#928688 by MarshMan
13 Nov 2016, 15:20
Has any else noticed that booking references have changed? Neither of my two bookings have remained with the same reference.

The Shops Away page is also unavailable :(
#928694 by MarshMan
13 Nov 2016, 15:33
mattwhitt89 wrote:I phoned flying club RE shops away and were told it would be back up at midday today! now 2:30 and it is still not available - Not a happy person

Can't say that I am either Matt! Always the way when you want to get something done. Hopefully won't be too long now.
#928695 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 15:36
The 'Add to calendar' bit of online bookings needs a bit of work (at least for iCal anyway) as well as once exported it says Delta instead of Virgin Atlantic:

Itinerary Details:

Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Flight: 19
Departs: Heathrow Airport on Wed, 28 Dec 2016 10:45 AM
Arrives: San Francisco International on Wed, 28 Dec 2016 1:50 PM

Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Flight: 42
Departs: San Francisco International on Tue, 03 Jan 2017 8:05 PM
Arrives: Heathrow Airport on Wed, 04 Jan 2017 2:15 PM

All times are local.

The PDF option is a bit screwy as well.
#928697 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 15:41
Just seen this on the VS trade website too mentioning issues with 747 seat assignments:

Customers using online check in on a B747 operated service will only be able to see the seat map for the deck they've been assigned, and won't be able to switch between decks at this time. For customers wanting to change their assigned deck, please call your local contact centre.
#928698 by MarshMan
13 Nov 2016, 15:49
mitchja wrote:The 'Add to calendar' bit of online bookings needs a bit of work (at least for iCal anyway) as well as once exported it says Delta instead of Virgin Atlantic:

Itinerary Details:

Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Flight: 19
Departs: Heathrow Airport on Wed, 28 Dec 2016 10:45 AM
Arrives: San Francisco International on Wed, 28 Dec 2016 1:50 PM

Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Flight: 42
Departs: San Francisco International on Tue, 03 Jan 2017 8:05 PM
Arrives: Heathrow Airport on Wed, 04 Jan 2017 2:15 PM

All times are local.

The PDF option is a bit screwy as well.

I've had the same problem James, both my flights are showing as Delta. I've also noticed that it will only add the outbound flight to iCal and mention the return flight in the comments...

Review check-in requirements for your airport at http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/ ... /index.jsp

Itinerary Details:

Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Flight: 27
Departs: Gatwick Airport on Mon, 16 Jan 2017 11:40 AM
Arrives: Orlando International Airport on Mon, 16 Jan 2017 4:15 PM

Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Flight: 28
Departs: Orlando International Airport on Fri, 27 Jan 2017 6:35 PM
Arrives: Gatwick Airport on Sat, 28 Jan 2017 7:35 AM

All times are local.
#928699 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 15:52
Interesting that you can now see the whole aircraft with the seats maps in online bookings and anyone with a flight on a B789, there seems to be 2 extra economy seats numbered 98H and 98K right at the very back on the economy cabin what looks to be behind the galley in online bookings but those seats don't actually exist? :

VS.jpeg
VS.jpeg (80.52 KiB) Viewed 4261 times

Naughty seats perhaps lol?

You can select seats in the cabins (though obviously won't change it if you are booked in a higher cabin) though I presume if you have an Economy or Premium booking, selecting a higher cabin seat will initiate the upgrade payment process that has been mentioned previously?
#928701 by onelifeliveit
13 Nov 2016, 16:00
MarshMan wrote:Has any else noticed that booking references have changed? Neither of my two bookings have remained with the same reference.

The Shops Away page is also unavailable :(

Yes booking reference and flying club membership number has changed
Virgin Atlantic