This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#929500 by PaulW
28 Nov 2016, 16:49
I was pleased when Oli Byers appeared. However he has disappeared and fundamentally no improvements to the site have happened!!! what the hell is happening to VS???????
#929501 by seany
28 Nov 2016, 16:54
My credit card miles for last month have finally posted today, in the last hour or so, check your accounts now as it seems things are moving.
Last edited by seany on 28 Nov 2016, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
#929503 by NYLON
28 Nov 2016, 17:29
seany wrote:My credit card miles for last month have finally posted today, in the last hour or so, co check your account now as it seems things are moving.

What was your statement closing date, seany?
#929505 by seany
28 Nov 2016, 17:44
NYLON wrote:
seany wrote:My credit card miles for last month have finally posted today, in the last hour or so, co check your account now as it seems things are moving.

What was your statement closing date, seany?

November 9th
#929533 by ColOrd
29 Nov 2016, 10:15
My statement date on my MBNA card was 24th, miles posted yesterday, although didn't reflect in my balance on the app but did on the website!

One other point of note my ShopsAway activity is normally one of two things: Hilton or Superdry and normally I don't see a pending transaction on their for a few days. I booked two hotels for Milan and bought a new coat last night, both of which at about ten to midnight and they have both shown on my Pending Shops away transactions this morning - never known it be that quick!

Also, WHY is ShopsAway such a fanny to get to? It takes like 10 clicks to get onto the Portal, it was never that bad before!
#929546 by ncgardner
29 Nov 2016, 15:23
Well, I'm generally a very patient person, but the state of Virgin Atlantic right now is very concerning. So little is working that it is beginning to make arranging anything through VS too painful to continue. Getting everything sorted is just such a timesink right now, and sends you in circles - so many of the website features are not functioning, which forces the need for a phone call, but the wait times on the phone are far too long - and added to that, the IVR suggests you might be better using the website!!!

Right now I'm seeing the following issues (some previously mentioned, other not) :

• Cannot select seats for my flight next week - just a polite message that it can't be done right now, and to try again later. It has been like this since the website was updated.
  • Cannot enter my advanced passenger address - similar message to above
  • Contact information for advanced passenger information is supposed to be optional, but won't allow you to advance if you leave it blank (and then fails as above)
  • Miles booster link doesn't work
  • 'Feeling luck' link doesn't work
  • I don't seem to be able to view any of my previous flyingclub activity prior to February this year using custom dates

Like many, my flying club activity is messed up - the line item records do not in any way line up with the reality of my account activity, making it pretty much impossible to verify all is correct. This I'm willing to give time to settle down, and get sorted out, but for management of up coming flights to be so broken is inexcusable, especially since phoning seems nigh on impossible due to how busy the lines are right now. If the gold number line is impossible to get through on, I shudder to think how bad it might be on other lines. My next flight is on Monday, and I need to book my flight for 2nd week in January - but right now am likely to look at other carriers due to how difficult VS are making travelling with them, and how much time I'm wasting trying to resolve it.

Are others seeing similar problems with the basic pre-flight management tools?
#929547 by property1925
29 Nov 2016, 16:20
As above - I'm seeing the same issues. I fly on Thursday! Also trying to book for January and March, 3 trips, going East and West.

It's so painful - and I can't wait for ever on the phone to FC however lovely they are - that I'm about to book with BA.

Just how much business have they lost - or is it still OK if you book via a travel website instead of "direct"?
#929548 by PaulW
29 Nov 2016, 16:50
Fully agree also. I'm gold for life which makes it "easier" as I have little to loose, but I have flown VS very little recently as standards just keep falling and falling. Certainly they are loosing my business, not that I believe they care. But if they loose lots of business, well??? This latest nonsense just makes it worse. SRB should be embarrassed that what was a fantastic airline is this!
#929556 by Martin
29 Nov 2016, 19:09
I have to agree with Scott's post earlier, I think this "upgrade" to the website and other IT systems is an utter disgrace. VS should be ashamed of themselves. The new navigation is poor and non-intuitive when trying to buy flights - which must surely be the main purpose of any airline's website. The fact that so many other things are wrong adds to the pain of their customers. And because of the FC cock-ups the most loyal FC members are the worst affected.

Like many others, I am a very loyal VS flyer and have kept my AU for 8 years, despite nearly all my co-workers being BA loyal and berating me for flying with the "Beardy bloke" :D

On the plus side, I am one of the lucky ones, I was able to log into my account using my old number. It has the right miles and tier points. I was able to get to MMB and check my seats for a DXB trip last week. Although the PNR had changed, the seats were still the ones I had requested.

There are a few problems..... :-(
Like many others, I am greeted on the Flying Club web page with:
"Hello, Martin! 1 years consecutive Gold member" [sic], whereas I should be 8 years. (I think they put the exclamation mark there because they were amazed when someone managed to log in!)
My new digital card is blank and navigating the account activity section is a shambles.
I got sent a birthday card with a balloon inside with my 2000 birthday bonus miles, but they never appeared in my account.
Many other people have commented on the poor execution of the reward flight searches, which I think is a retrograde step.
I could go on, but there has been enough said already .......

On the positive side..... :D
My flights this week LHR-DXB-LHR (in PE) were great and the crew were friendly, engaging and efficient as I have come to expect.
I still love the lounges (both Heathrow and the new DXB lounge were excellent as usual) and all the ground staff do a really good job.
The flights were on-time or early, so really have no complaints about the product/service from VS.

Up until now, I have resisted calling the FC AU hotline to see where my points and miles are (nothing has appeared now one week after my first flight) so I called them this afternoon. My call was answered quickly and politely and I was assured that the points will be on by Friday.

So my plea to Oli (if you are still reading this thread) is get the website and surrouding IT systems sorted, and do it quickly. Then we can all move on and stay with the airline that many of us love (wrinkles and all). I fear from reading this thread that VS have already lost both money and customers and that can't be good.

Finally, I read the comments and responses over the last few pages and I even saw the word "argumentative" if I recall correctly. In all this let's not lose sight of the fact that this forum is generally very cooperative and measured - we respect that other people have differing views, even if we don't agree with them.

Martin
#929558 by RyanJW
29 Nov 2016, 20:59
So my Delta flights got posted relatively quickly (within 48 hours). However the Base mileage was only posted, with no bonus mileage for being AU or the cabin bonus. Tier points were correctly attributed though.

Even the website table is wrong :-P

http://www.virginatlantic.com/us/en/fly ... lines.html

For F & P fares, I'm not sure how 100% + 50% means 200%!!

The Mobile app seems to go into more detail as well when looking at the mileage postings so it would be nice is the main desktop site can also load up the correct posting details.

*** EDIT***

Small update. My flights from Yesterday have all been added apart from the last segment (LAX-SJC). Still no bonus miles yet along with the missing sectors base/bonus and tier points.

Would be interested in how they are planning on adjusting for the West Coast folks like me who can shuttle up and down in First and reach gold faster.
Last edited by RyanJW on 30 Nov 2016, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
#929560 by Stevieboy
29 Nov 2016, 21:28
Seriously unimpressed, my account still has issues such as the wrong number of tier points, missing miles and not being able to input information into my flights.

So my question is, since Oli was on here on the 13th asking for feedback, screenshots and other information what have the IT team done?, 16 days later and it's still a shambles >-(

-Steve
#929562 by tontybear
29 Nov 2016, 22:41
Stevieboy wrote:Seriously unimpressed, my account still has issues such as the wrong number of tier points, missing miles and not being able to input information into my flights.

So my question is, since Oli was on here on the 13th asking for feedback, screenshots and other information what have the IT team done?, 16 days later and it's still a shambles >-(

-Steve

Oli made 5 posts and left unanswered dozens of questions that we asked him.

I guess somewhere in their engagement matrix there was a box for v-flyer and that now has a big green tick in it.

VS wasted an opportunity to learn valuable info from its fans and to put right some of the basic awfulness that the VS website now is.

It has utterly failed its loyal customers
#929566 by honey lamb
29 Nov 2016, 23:05
Like everybody else, I am truly fed up with the VS website.

OK, I'm not looking to book flights to faraway places and usually at this time of the year that would have me in the doldrums. Right now, given what's happening, I'm grateful not to have to make any plans and right now my heart goes out to anyone trying to plan a trip, whether business or pleasure.

No, the reason for my disquiet (which is a polite way of saying "tearing my hair out") is the whole login palaver to the Flying Club. Since the changeover the following has happened:
1. My old username and password has been rejected.
2. My email address has been rejected.
3. I have received an email at my email address (natch!) to say they have no record of my email address!!!
4. My old FC number has been rejected.
5. My new FC number has never arrived (presumably because they have no record of my email address)
6. The Reset my Password button has failed to do just that.
7. The site insists on defaulting to my old username which is neither an email address or a FC number and refuses to accept anything else.
8. When the Reset my Password button finally accepted a new password I had a fleeting glimpse of the Nirvana that is my FC history before the site kicked me off
9. The site consistently refuses to accept my new password and will not allow me to register a new one.

At this stage I am fit to scream and if I were looking to book another flight, I would seriously be considering looking elsewhere.

The only thing that is offering mitigation is the fact that BA has messed up one of my bookings and please don't mention Gurada Airlines and their Black Friday sale >-(
#929570 by Kevshev
29 Nov 2016, 23:41
Well where do I start. On a positive note I have managed to get two G fares from Man to MCO next April. To say there is a limited availability now is an understatement. The taxes were supposed to be £950 however they have taken £1800 off my credit card! The e ticket would not open and was just lines of error messages. Contacted FC and they have on the third attempt managed to assure me that I am on the flights requested and they said I would have refund by last Friday. surprise surprise no refund as yet! I normally go to DXB in February and make the long trip down to London to use VS as I would like to think I am quite loyal and like the product.
I have booked with Emirates this time from Manchester instead as I have no confidence in the new website. I am sure they won't be losing sleep over me not booking with them on one flight but it seems I am not alone in considering jumping ship.
#929575 by David
30 Nov 2016, 09:33
My digital membership card seems to be working this morning, if you wait long enough on the page ;-)

Using Edge to view it - maybe the start of some fixes ?

David

(should have added, its nothing exciting after all that wait !)
#929588 by Silver Fox
30 Nov 2016, 14:23
So, and I do apologize if this has been said somewhere else, but I just got a ticket issued today and it has my "SkyMiles Number" in the receipt now. In the email it sticks to "Flying Club number". I know it is Delta that is driving this bus now but this changed from last week for me.
#929593 by MoJoJo
30 Nov 2016, 15:28
Not sure if any one else has noticed that only base miles not any FC bonus miles show in account activity. The app appears to show the bonus miles although they are not in the bonus miles field and not in the total awarded
Last edited by MoJoJo on 30 Nov 2016, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
#929595 by mitchja
30 Nov 2016, 15:34
Also if you put miles towards a fare when booking online (MPM fare), whilst your balance does drop to the correct amount after the purchase, there's no transaction showing for that in the Flying Club activity either.
#929605 by NYLON
30 Nov 2016, 16:45
E-mail just in from MBNA: "I have reviewed your account today. Please note we have recently had communication from Virgin Atlantic, to say there is an error and there will be a fix in place by Friday 02 December. "

I wonder if any other "fixes" will be made by Friday?!
#929615 by buns
30 Nov 2016, 19:21
I put in a missing miles claim on Novermber 22.

Today, I received the following reply:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Due to a recent system upgrade, not all our miles for recent flights have credited to accounts automatically. We are working on this as a priority and miles are expected to be added to members accounts within the next few days.

Missing miles will automatically be credited into member's accounts, so you won't need to worry about getting in touch with us to check. We would kindly suggest that you log into your Flying Club account online and check your balance.

If your query is urgent as you require the miles for imminent travel, please let us know.

We really appreciate your patience.

Light at the end of the tunnel??

buns
#929616 by MoJoJo
30 Nov 2016, 19:47
buns wrote:I put in a missing miles claim on Novermber 22.

Today, I received the following reply:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Due to a recent system upgrade, not all our miles for recent flights have credited to accounts automatically. We are working on this as a priority and miles are expected to be added to members accounts within the next few days.

Missing miles will automatically be credited into member's accounts, so you won't need to worry about getting in touch with us to check. We would kindly suggest that you log into your Flying Club account online and check your balance.

If your query is urgent as you require the miles for imminent travel, please let us know.

We really appreciate your patience.

Light at the end of the tunnel??

buns

I wouldn't bank on it given the number of outstanding issues
Virgin Atlantic