This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#928703 by contractor
13 Nov 2016, 16:38
What a sh.tshow. I've had:
account lockouts
missing TPs (both for flights and bonus TPs)
No new FC # sent

Coupled with:
Poor UI for searching reward flights
Poorer value for rewards and earning opportunities

I think my 20yrs with Virgin are coming to an end. I'll try elsewhere for TATL and ME trips
#928704 by slinky09
13 Nov 2016, 16:46
Very unimpressive beta testing on the new site it seems to me - the number of log-in errors alone is shocking and I too cannot access the site. Even trying the 'forget all details' option tells me that VS has forgotten all my details too, even though they've been sending etickets to my email address for years and years:

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 15.41.11.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 15.41.11.png (32.17 KiB) Viewed 4548 times

Oh dear, now dreading what I'll find when I find a way to log in.
#928707 by SNOMO
13 Nov 2016, 17:01
Now well over an hour I have been trying to log into husbands FFC account in every way imaginable!
I have at last manage to get into mine & can even get into our booking, even tho its asking me if I feel lucky & would like to bid for an upgrade ! There's an upgrade above Upper now is there?? (Shades of Niles & Fraser & the health club!)
Tried to put our hotel in the U.S. details in but will not accept as I apparently have an incorrect ZIP code - er no I don't actually!
My head is now pounding so I am going to leave it till tomorrow & try again then before I fling the laptop across the room.
Good Luck everybody who is still trying to access their accounts/upcoming bookings
#928709 by MedwayControl
13 Nov 2016, 17:06
Hi, I flew out to Miami yesterday and at the time had 35 tier points. In new money that should be 875 but FC showing as 800.

I did receive 3 tier points earlier in the year for the summer promotion which could explain the missing 75 tier points.

I should have had enough tier points from my outbound to Miami yesterday (3 tier points/75 new system) and the return (2 tier points/50 new) but now the system shows that I will be 75 tier points short. I have a Delta first class flight tomorrow that could earn me the additional 3/75 tier points. Question is, should I switch that to earn via FC as currently earning on my sky miles account? Don't want to switch if not necessary for my gold renewal on Virgin.

Currently holding for FC on the phone, 25 minutes and counting! It's sunny outside don't they know! Has anyone had confirmation that the promotional tier point issue will be resolved? Thanks
#928711 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 17:11
Previous advice was to leave it two or three days as accounts are still migrating across.

Other people have reported the same issue with promotional TPs not appearing so it seems it's a universal problem and will no doubt be rectified in due course. No point wasting your time calling FC now, I doubt they'll be able to resolve it immediately.
#928713 by jayden
13 Nov 2016, 17:16
property1925 wrote:Never used these, but web site says free treatment on FIRST visit to Clubhouse, then 10% off. Was it not the case that some were always free?

You've always got one complimentary treatment in the clubhouse, whenever I've been in not flying UC I always get 1 comp + 1 paid.

MedwayControl wrote:Hi, I flew out to Miami yesterday and at the time had 35 tier points. In new money that should be 875 but FC showing as 800.

I did receive 3 tier points earlier in the year for the summer promotion which could explain the missing 75 tier points.

I should have had enough tier points from my outbound to Miami yesterday (3 tier points/75 new system) and the return (2 tier points/50 new) but now the system shows that I will be 75 tier points short. I have a Delta first class flight tomorrow that could earn me the additional 3/75 tier points. Question is, should I switch that to earn via FC as currently earning on my sky miles account? Don't want to switch if not necessary for my gold renewal on Virgin.

Currently holding for FC on the phone, 25 minutes and counting! It's sunny outside don't they know! Has anyone had confirmation that the promotional tier point issue will be resolved? Thanks

Ive got this problem too - I'm 200 Tps short from the summer promo. They advised me that they will send it off to the FC Support dept who will turnaround within 48 hours, although I presume it will take longer as they are probably inundated as it is.

Given that they can see our account history, they should really just credit missing TP's immediately.
#928714 by MedwayControl
13 Nov 2016, 17:17
gumshoe wrote:Previous advice was to leave it two or three days as accounts are still migrating across.

Other people have reported the same issue with promotional TPs not appearing so it seems it's a universal problem and will no doubt be rectified in due course. No point wasting your time calling FC now, I doubt they'll be able to resolve it immediately.

Thanks for the quick response. That is kind of what I thought but wanted a bit of reassurance before I hung up the phone! I'm confident the figures are right as I called last week and had them confirm the number of points I had, what I needed and the amount I would earn from this booking so it's all recorded!

I do like the new clean look website. It's nice to see all the pages matching in format instead of the previous mix of new and old. Off to the beach! Cheers
#928716 by honey lamb
13 Nov 2016, 17:42
slinky09 wrote:Very unimpressive beta testing on the new site it seems to me - the number of log-in errors alone is shocking and I too cannot access the site. Even trying the 'forget all details' option tells me that VS has forgotten all my details too, even though they've been sending etickets to my email address for years and years:

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 15.41.11.png

Oh dear, now dreading what I'll find when I find a way to log in.

That's what I'm finding also :-(
#928718 by getinjonathan
13 Nov 2016, 17:43
LOL! Everyone needs to chill out. They're undergoing their biggest IT upgrade since Virgin began.

They forewarned it would take days to even out. I've got two flights attached to my account that ring no bells, I'm not panicking. The system is also telling me I'm RED for 2017 with 2350 tier points - I'm not panicking again.

Give it a chance. To me and on face value it looks like an incredible leap forward.
#928719 by Traveller2
13 Nov 2016, 17:44
Dreadful new website. It told me they had sent me my new FC number but they hadn't. However, I did manage to find my old FC number so was able to log in and get my new number. Then I started looking for Miles plus Money flights. Not at all keen on the new format. You now have to decide how many miles to use instead of them telling you. I do not like it at all.
#928720 by Quick Hits 1c
13 Nov 2016, 17:49
I've managed to log in, via the two security questions it asks each time.
I've also managed to enter all pre flight personal details for our upcoming flights to the USA but curiously, it doesn't ask me to enter any passport details? It seems content with just our address in the USA?
Surely that can't be correct can it?
#928721 by McCoy
13 Nov 2016, 17:51
Has the 'Miles more Friends' referral bonus gone?
I can't find it on the website..

And in my account statement, a recent referral bonus of 2000 miles is now showing as 0 miles.
#928725 by SlimpyJones
13 Nov 2016, 18:19
getinjonathan wrote:LOL! Everyone needs to chill out. They're undergoing their biggest IT upgrade since Virgin began.

They forewarned it would take days to even out. I've got two flights attached to my account that ring no bells, I'm not panicking. The system is also telling me I'm RED for 2017 with 2350 tier points - I'm not panicking again.

Give it a chance. To me and on face value it looks like an incredible leap forward.

Well said. To have one poster above stomp off to another airline because of first day bugs with a brand new website and booking system is hilarious.
#928729 by Silver Fox
13 Nov 2016, 18:34
It's a bit mixed up, one one page "Flying Club" on my account is shows member recommendation bonus miles of 2500 on 5/3/16, on the "Activity" page it shows the same flight but on 15/3/16 and miles of 0. There are a few teething issues for sure and I am not supposed to be flying for a couple of weeks so let's wait and see.
#928730 by OliByersVirginAtl
13 Nov 2016, 18:38
Hi there,

I’ve been reading the posts and comments today about our new website as well as the challenges with logging into your Flying Club account and some of the inaccuracies in your account information. Here’s a quick update on the situation.

Over the last 24 hours we have completed an upgrade to our reservation systems as well as Flying Club account systems and we launched our new website and a brand new Virgin Atlantic mobile app. There are plenty of other changes at our end but those are the main ones you’ll notice. We’ve have a few teething problems particularly around Flying Club logins and displaying your account details.

Over the next 72 hours you’ll be receiving an email from us with your new Flying Club membership number. Until then you can login to your account using your existing membership number or the email address you have set up in your Flying Club account. Once you receive your new login number you’ll be able to use that to login to your account as well.

If you login with your old number you’ll actually see your new number in your account details already and can start using it straight away. When you login for the first time on our new website you’ll also notice that we’ve changed some of the security settings. This means you may be prompted to change your password when you try to login. Everyone will be asked to add two answers to two security questions as well.

At the moment we are experiencing some login issues where your existing membership number or email address won’t let you login. We also have spotted some members are having a problem when being asked to set up a new password. We’re actively working on these issues now to correct them.

We’ve also noticed a separate issue where the website is displaying the wrong tier points balance or tier points required to reach the next tier. These are both issues with the website display rather than your account balance and so we’re working now to fix the website issues. Rest assured your balances are correct and we won’t miss crediting you for any miles or tier points that you’ve flown but aren’t yet on your account. It might take us a few days to catch up crediting your accounts after the changes this weekend.

If you’re exploring our new site, we’d love to hear what you think – and if you do experience any technical difficulties, we’d really appreciate if you could take a screen grab and post it here, so we can investigate and get it sorted as quickly as possible. Having real life user screen grabs really helps us alongside all our testers we have working on this.

Thanks for your feedback and patience as we get this fully up and running.

Oli Byers
SVP, Revenue Management & Loyalty
#928731 by SlimpyJones
13 Nov 2016, 18:43
Thanks very much for stopping by Oli.

As someone who used to work in website quality assurance I can empathise with the huge task you guys have undertaken and in large part, minus some expected niggles, it's gone very well, so hats off to the team. I think the new site looks great.
#928732 by onelifeliveit
13 Nov 2016, 19:08
Janeclar wrote:I am travelling next week and have managed to move from the lower deck PE to 24A. I have taken screen shots in case there is an issue!

I did the same thing today as row 24 in the bubble are my favourite seats. I sincerely hope that they honour it
#928733 by David
13 Nov 2016, 19:12
Hi Oli

For those of us who still can't get logged in, is it worth waiting a day or two before phoning ?

Sometimes it lets me get to the new password reset page but then it tells me I'm locked out due to incorrect logins ?

I'm guessing the phones are rather busy at the moment.

Thanks

David
#928735 by spacedog
13 Nov 2016, 19:15
It took me a few failed attempts to log in as it didn't recognise my password (even though I was entering it correctly), but I got there in the end. So far I really like the new interface, but I can't view any account activity prior to April, and even that is very patchy, with some flights and miles missing. However, my TOTAL miles and Tier Points are correct, so I'm assuming there are just issues migrating the other data across. One thing I really do like is that it shows you how long you've been AU for, as that's quite useful. I hope there might be a way to know if I have the requisite amount of VS TP, as we do a fair bit of partner flying, too.

We're flying in business with SAS on Wednesday and I entered our old AU numbers into their system, but we're bringing our FC cards with us to verify at check in. I wonder if the miles and TP from this trip will be automatically credited to our account with the current changes taking place. We always keep the boarding passes, so if there are any issues we can chase it up.
#928736 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 19:24
Yep, I've give phone FC a miss for a few days as call waiting times where upwards of 25minutes today and that 1 single music track they play on a constant cycle whilst on hold will drive you insane too!!!

I think VS also have one of these systems that simply kicks your out of the call centre queue after a certain length of time. That's what happened to me today anyway. The first call cut out dead on 30.00 minutes of holding.

I've spent 1hr 25 minutes on the phone to FC Silver today getting my log-in sorted, speaking to someone for approx 5 of those minutes!!

It's probably going to get worse through out the day as US customers wake up and find they have similar issues and need to call, as aren't all global calls to VS now put through to the UK call centre?
#928739 by Darren Wheeler
13 Nov 2016, 20:19
Logged into new site today, set security questions and changed password in a couple of minutes.

Only problem so far is that the site won't accept an Apple Keychain generated password. Probably due to either length or too many special characters. BA site does the same too.
#928740 by Silver Fox
13 Nov 2016, 20:24
Darren Wheeler wrote:Logged into new site today, set security questions and changed password in a couple of minutes.

Only problem so far is that the site won't accept an Apple Keychain generated password. Probably due to either length or too many special characters. BA site does the same too.

For the password it says:

"Your password should be at least 6 characters long and should be a combination of letters and numbers. Your password will be case sensitive. No special characters please, and try to make it as unique as you can."

It should state the length too but doesn't. Early days.
Virgin Atlantic