This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#928608 by SlimpyJones
13 Nov 2016, 08:02
Mine starts 10498..etc

I think I may have found a problem though, it would appear any tickets that were upgraded using miles didn't have any TPs converted. Example, I had a JFK->LHR M->G booking, that should have come with 3 (75) TPs, but has converted to zero. Would suggest anyone who has done the same double checks. Still got 125 missing TPs somewhere....
#928609 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 08:03
Well, it won't let me log in at all. It tells me it sent me a new membership number but it hasn't. I therefore use the email address (as it asks) to log in but it won't allow it. Can't say I am impressed at the moment. It doesn't even accept my eticket reference.
Last edited by marshy11 on 13 Nov 2016, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
#928611 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 08:12
SlimpyJones wrote:You can use your old one for the time being if you have that to hand. :)

It won't accept it. I've even tried the reset the password. I've got just under two weeks before we go, hopefully we can get access by then!
#928612 by PaulW
13 Nov 2016, 08:15
Well I have been lifetime gold for 3 years.

This wonderful website says I have been a gold member for two consecutive years.......glad vs are keeping up with their usual standards! Arrareantly I need over 400,000 miles to gain lifetime status!
#928614 by MoJoJo
13 Nov 2016, 08:21
PaulW wrote:Well I have been lifetime gold for 3 years.

This wonderful website says I have been a gold member for two consecutive years.......glad vs are keeping up with their usual standards! Arrareantly I need over 400,000 miles to gain lifetime status!

My consecutive years Gold is also incorrect and says two consecutive years.

Changing the date range for FC statement changes the number of TPs for a couple of recent flights!

I wonder how many emails/calls they are going to get today!
Last edited by MoJoJo on 13 Nov 2016, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.
#928615 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 08:25
It must be an issue with our family. OH can log in, choose his security questions but then when he logs out, it starts all over again.
#928616 by PaulW
13 Nov 2016, 08:31
marshy11 wrote:It must be an issue with our family. OH can log in, choose his security questions but then when he logs out, it starts all over again.

I have this problem as well!
#928617 by Brook100
13 Nov 2016, 08:35
SlimpyJones wrote:Looks like any bonus TPs that were awarded in some of the recent promotions were not converted over. That covers all of my missing TPs I think!

Ah, yes! That's another theory for my missing 6 TPs... as it was a bonus 3TPs per leg on UC over the summer, wasn't it? So 6 return. So perhaps it's that rather than VX legs causing the issue.

Looks like there are a few minor glitches at launch from what we have experienced here. Wouldn't expect anything less from the VS IT department! Overall I do like the look of the new site - a vast improvement.
#928618 by nkp85uk
13 Nov 2016, 08:37
Works well for me! Everything seems to be in order. A couple of partner flights have posted weirdly - showing only one leg of a round trip however the miles & TPs are correct just all posted to the single leg.

I like the site navigation and the flight search is certainly quicker to bring back results. Can't help but feel there's a fair bit of content missing though maybe I just haven't found it all yet :cool:
#928619 by SlimpyJones
13 Nov 2016, 08:41
Brook100 wrote:Ah, yes! That's another theory for my missing 6 TPs... as it was a bonus 3TPs per leg on UC over the summer, wasn't it? So 6 return. So perhaps it's that rather than VX legs causing the issue.

Looks like there are a few minor glitches at launch from what we have experienced here. Wouldn't expect anything less from the VS IT department! Overall I do like the look of the new site - a vast improvement.

Yeah that's looking like the issue I think! Just got off the phone with a lady at FC who is going to look into the missing TPs and call me back.

In terms of the actual website I think it looks very nice. Handy to see the seatmaps in full as well.
#928620 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 08:44
PaulW wrote:
marshy11 wrote:It must be an issue with our family. OH can log in, choose his security questions but then when he logs out, it starts all over again.

I have this problem as well!

Thanks Paul. I thought it was just us. I've managed to get in with the membership number on our booking from my husbands account. What a cock up. It wouldn't take my email - which has been the same for years - or my old FC number.

Having had a look at the upcoming flight, I like the fact you can see seats on the entire plane rather than the cabin you are in, but I don't like the colours. It makes it harder to see what's free/occupied at first glance.

Hopefully in the next few days it will remember our security details as I can't be doing with choosing them every single time I log in.
#928624 by Vegascrazy
13 Nov 2016, 09:18
Is anyone else getting this message when trying to log on to Flying Club on iPhone or view a booking - seems like they're forcing us to the app?

"We're really sorry but right now we don't have a version of this page that works on your little screen.

Don't panic though, we have a perfect solution. The sparkly new Virgin Atlantic App lets you view your Flying Club account activity, manage your information and even access a digital version of your membership card."
#928628 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 09:25
Vegascrazy wrote:Is anyone else getting this message when trying to log on to Flying Club on iPhone or view a booking - seems like they're forcing us to the app?

"We're really sorry but right now we don't have a version of this page that works on your little screen.

Don't panic though, we have a perfect solution. The sparkly new Virgin Atlantic App lets you view your Flying Club account activity, manage your information and even access a digital version of your membership card."

Yes. Very annoying. Works fine on iPad though.
#928629 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 09:26
SlimpyJones wrote:Also just a heads up to anyone who has made a booking over a third party such as Expedia, your FC number may have disappeared. Worth checking.

Just changed my FC number on a Delta booking. May live to regret it. With the old number it knew I was Gold. Now it doesn't ...
#928630 by MoJoJo
13 Nov 2016, 09:26
Just spoken to FC. Systems are still being updated and accounts transitioned over so details may not yet be correct. Give it until Tuesday apparently then call if TPs are wrong
#928631 by buttercupkitty
13 Nov 2016, 09:30
Anyone else find the security questions bizarre and random? I really struggled to find two that I'd be able to remember the answers I gave! Also seat selection doesn't seem to be working fully, I seem to be able to select seats that are already allocated, then I get an error message when I return to my booking.
#928632 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 09:35
buttercupkitty wrote:Anyone else find the security questions bizarre and random? I really struggled to find two that I'd be able to remember the answers I gave!

Me too! But I think the idea is to make it more secure. Most sites use the same old questions - mother's maiden name, town where you were born etc etc - very easy for hackers & fraudsters to obtain. Many of these questions are based on your thoughts and opinions rather than hard facts, which means - hopefully - only you know the answers.
#928634 by tontybear
13 Nov 2016, 10:03
Bit of a palava getting in.

I hadn't been sent new membership number. There was real warning that you needed to use your email as the log-in. Mind I opt out of most emails so that might explain it. They could have let people use their 'old' user name once before forcing it to email

Would be good if your tier expiry date was on the main screen rather than hidden on the card

Using the back button inmy browser on the flying club takes you rightback to the home screen not the last screen.

And why do you have to click an arrow to get the date input screen to book ?!?!?!

And no 'log out' button on the header?

Apparently my most recent activity was the June miles drop from MBNA but the full statement is correct. Hopefully this is a temp glitch
Virgin Atlantic