This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#930648 by danflyer
28 Dec 2016, 19:16
I have just logged onto my booking and noticed a schedule change - Just changed to the 27 instead of the 15, so no problems - actual fact it is better!

Would a new e-ticket be sent out once everything is back to normal?! as I can not find the link to re-send the e-ticket. Anyone experienced this yet?

Thank you!
#930649 by mallin
28 Dec 2016, 19:45
Is anyone else still being asked their security questions when trying to log in, I am? Hubby's does not, what has he got that I haven't. Plus we are still waiting for the extra miles from renting with Virgin car hire from October !

Keep hoping when I log in it will all be sorted. (How long is a piece of string). Linda
#930650 by Snora
28 Dec 2016, 20:11
mallin wrote:Is anyone else still being asked their security questions when trying to log in, I am? Hubby's does not, what has he got that I haven't. Plus we are still waiting for the extra miles from renting with Virgin car hire from October !

Keep hoping when I log in it will all be sorted. (How long is a piece of string). Linda

I keep getting asked for my security questions to be set and tonight we are unable to complete OLCI for our 18.55 flight in less than 24 hrs.

so frustrating !!!
#930651 by danflyer
28 Dec 2016, 20:24
Snora wrote:
mallin wrote:Is anyone else still being asked their security questions when trying to log in, I am? Hubby's does not, what has he got that I haven't. Plus we are still waiting for the extra miles from renting with Virgin car hire from October !

I keep getting asked for my security questions to be set and tonight we are unable to complete OLCI for our 18.55 flight in less than 24 hrs.

so frustrating !!!

I use Safari and kept on being asked the questions... I logged on using Google Chrome entered the questions and now they have been saved when I use Safari. Hope this helps
#930653 by Vegascrazy
29 Dec 2016, 07:45
danflyer wrote:I have just logged onto my booking and noticed a schedule change - Just changed to the 27 instead of the 15, so no problems - actual fact it is better!

Would a new e-ticket be sent out once everything is back to normal?! as I can not find the link to re-send the e-ticket. Anyone experienced this yet?

Thank you!

I have the same issue, I asked a few weeks ago via their Facebook page where the resend eticket button is and they replied the new site doesn't have one any more. They said to phone the call centre which I tried to do but after holding for over an hour gave up. I then used Facebook private messaging to explain I am awaiting anew eticket and received a reply quickly asking for my booking reference. I was told they will get a new eticket to me. Unfortunately despite chasers from me and replies from them apologising for the delay I still have no eticket. I can see the "confirmed" eticket numbers on manage my booking so am praying all is OK!!

A question from me, can 17.5k mikes still be used to purchase a chauffeur drive transfer in relation to a G reward upper class ticket when that G has become a Delta Z owing to VA cancelling the original flight & moving me to DL metal? I tried calling FC yesterday and actually got through after queuing for 40 minutes but was then promptly cut off!
#930654 by Traveller2
29 Dec 2016, 10:51
I tried logging into my FC account today and was asked more security questions....so I gave up. It is SO much easier just to book a flight with BA now and prices for the flights I wanted are identical....down to the last penny!
#930664 by Hev60
29 Dec 2016, 16:56
danflyer wrote:.......
Would a new e-ticket be sent out once everything is back to normal?! as I can not find the link to re-send the e-ticket. Anyone experienced this yet? Thank you!

danflyer, let us try to imagine a world where things are "back to normal"

I am actually not sure when that ever was, as far as Virgin's IT system is concerned!!!!

In June to booked flights to Los Angeles, in July I upgraded the outbound from PE to UC.
At the time I was told a revised e-ticket would be issued shortly but this has to be done manually.

Six months have passed. Booking page reflects that we have our two UC seats to LAX and our bum is on a numbered seat!

However I am now very worried that something is going to go wrong because:
* I have still NOT received my new e-ticket
* Against the name of the 2nd passenger is "we have no Secure Flight information for you" (saying call to sort this)
* She has no e-ticket number under her name but I have the old one listed.
* I have NOT paid for the upgrade in cash terms and I have not had any miles taken from our accounts.

I have sent numerous emails which have been acknowledged saying "your request is being "processed" but now six months later I can only describe this as simply grossly incompetent.

This worry re our eticket etc is now honestly taking some of the forward excitement out of our holiday because of the uncertainty.

So as you can see this is nothing new and they cannot blame my issue on the November changes.

Best of luck with your own request for an eticket.
#930702 by mitchja
31 Dec 2016, 07:06
No idea about VS flights sorry as I have just travelled on a reward fare, however, the first of the 4 x revenue DL flights I took yesterday has already posted in my FC account.
#930708 by property1925
31 Dec 2016, 10:24
adjonline wrote:Is anyone who has flown in the last couple of weeks on VS revenue fights able to share if and how long it took for miles to credit to their FC account?

I flew LHR-HKG 1st - 9th Dec.

Rtn on 9th credited within a week. Outward on 1st credited this morning (31st)!!
#930716 by NYLON
31 Dec 2016, 11:41
adjonline wrote:Is anyone who has flown in the last couple of weeks on VS revenue fights able to share if and how long it took for miles to credit to their FC account?

I flew JFK-LHR ten days ago. Nothing had happened after a week or so, so I phoned up to have the miles and TPs credited manually. It took 48 hours, but everything did get credited correctly yesterday.

However, there was no corresponding entry for the flight under "My Activity". My miles and TP balance simply went up. I raised this issue by e-mail, and was sent by return what looks like a full member statement going back 13 years. Everything in the last few months on the member statement is correct, so it shows that the old and new data are all present and correct on some database somewhere, they're just not being pulled through to the website.

On the positive side, DL flights are posting fine (and quickly), and transfers from Amex and Chase go through immediately.
#930906 by adjonline
04 Jan 2017, 17:04
Thanks. I'll give my late December flights a bit longer!

I am also wondering when tier points will reset. My AU membership year finished on December 31st but my tier points are still showing.
#930920 by mitchja
04 Jan 2017, 22:18
adjonline wrote:I am also wondering when tier points will reset. My AU membership year finished on December 31st but my tier points are still showing.

Mine is the same too, the website still doesn't show my Tier Points resetting in October.

I spoke to VS and they told me they can see the correct Tier Points (which at the time was 0).

A couple of my last weeks DL flights have already posted, however, some still haven't.
#930941 by mitchja
05 Jan 2017, 16:38
Silver Fox wrote:This thread has had 47555 views since Nov 4th. Wow.

It's also been externally linked from at least one other travel website that I'm aware of (businesstraveller.com ) which will have also increased traffic, not that anyone on here seems to have received any kind of apology from VS; as the article implies ;-)
#930942 by slinky09
05 Jan 2017, 16:41
mitchja wrote:
Silver Fox wrote:This thread has had 47555 views since Nov 4th. Wow.

It's also been externally linked from at least one other travel website that I'm aware of (businesstraveller.com ) which will have also increased traffic.

I was going to add, slyly, that since the last 'new' website launch in 2012 (was it) that was never finished before this 'new' website, it'll likely be 2020 before some issues are fixed with others to be replaced by a 'newer' website. Always in beta is a great idea, if your beta works, this one wasn't even an alpha :blush: !
#930944 by mitchja
05 Jan 2017, 17:14
There are still a few pages in the old pre-November format as well, if you click on the 'Now Showing' link on the VS Movies page, you get a messy old style page with broken links & broken images on it!
#930950 by AndyK
05 Jan 2017, 20:35
I was apparently lucky as I didn't get locked out.
However, my miles are all over the place.
On the front screen it shows activity I haven't done (October, LHR<>SFO 1,000 miles each way lol), and misses some I have done (JFK UC July).
VS FB guys said 3 weeks ago it should be fixed within a week.

And as said earlier, appalling UX. Staggering that this was launched like this, must be costing a fortune in customer service queries alone.
#930951 by spacedog
05 Jan 2017, 21:07
Frustratingly our return flight from a trip with SAS in November credited really quickly to our accounts, but the outbound has yet to be added, despite me receiving an email weeks ago saying it could take up to 30 days (it has now been almost 50). We're flying tomorrow and my OH is still Ag (he would have been Au in November if these had credited on time :/)
#930955 by spacedog
05 Jan 2017, 22:15
Ugh. I went to check in for our flight tomorrow and we're not allowed mobile boarding passes (as I checked in two passengers at once), and the print button on the website doesn't work and there's no option to e-mail the boarding passes to myself to print from my OH's computer. It says we're fine to pick them up at the airport, so I am hoping that's the case.

Interestingly my OH is listed as having Au baggage allowance even though he has dropped back to Ag (but should be Au, as per my previous post!)
#930956 by mitchja
05 Jan 2017, 22:36
I'm sure when I did OLCI using the app it mentioned allowing upto 4 bags for free too for me.

Flying J with no status is normally just 3 isn't it?
#930980 by DoomWolf
06 Jan 2017, 15:16
spacedog wrote:Ugh. I went to check in for our flight tomorrow and we're not allowed mobile boarding passes (as I checked in two passengers at once), and the print button on the website doesn't work and there's no option to e-mail the boarding passes to myself to print from my OH's computer. It says we're fine to pick them up at the airport, so I am hoping that's the case.

Try using the web browser's print option rather than the broken link on the site (the link should trigger the browser's print option). If you haven't got a print button on the toolbar or can't access the menu to get at it, press CTRL+P.
Virgin Atlantic