This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#928636 by 74shoreline
13 Nov 2016, 10:20
I think the website and app look great. Few glitches here and there which I am sure they are working to iron out. After some very large strong coffees this morning I should think. :)

Booking ref has changed for some flights I have in January not sure why that would be?

Also on the manage booking page the SFO > AKL leg with NZ is displayed as being operated by a 737-700 :lol: Don't think it has quite the range of the 777-300ER.

Hope everyone manages to get their bugs sorted out.
#928639 by marshy11
13 Nov 2016, 10:52
74shoreline wrote:Booking ref has changed for some flights I have in January not sure why that would be?

Yes, this completely threw me this morning. I would not like to be sitting on a beach contemplating OLCI today or tomorrow. My flight booking is completely different to the original and email and eticket. Thankfully I've got another two weeks before I go, but it's not good they change references without telling you.

I cannot get the iPhone safari page to work either, same error as everyone else. I had to delete the APP and reload that to get it to work but I do prefer Safari on iPhone, I guess I will have to use the APP. I am positively hating the seat selection colours, especially on the APP. And I won't even tell you how close I've come to clicking the cancel flight button, twice!

Hopefully it will settle in the coming days and TP's etc will all update correctly. With luck, someone will view the comments here and think about some needed tweaks.
#928641 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 11:13
Also cannot log into my FC account either as it's telling me to call CS. Managed to get my new FC number by logging into an existing booking (which now has 2 PNR's as well).

On a positive note - bookings now have full secure flight fields so you can now enter your Redress Number and/or your Known Traveller number if applicable.
#928642 by pjh
13 Nov 2016, 11:18
marshy11 wrote:
74shoreline wrote:Booking ref has changed for some flights I have in January not sure why that would be?

Yes, this completely threw me this morning. I would not like to be sitting on a beach contemplating OLCI today or tomorrow. My flight booking is completely different to the original and email and eticket.

Same for me, but my original booking reference found the flight correctly.

marshy11 wrote:And I won't even tell you how close I've come to clicking the cancel flight button, twice!

Agreed, that needs moving. I also found that even though the booking had retained our previous seat selection on one leg the seats were showing as "available" and I had to reconfirm them.
#928643 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 11:18
McCoy wrote:The booking engine has an option for booking by (minimum) booking class... that could be useful.
Might save a few phone calls.

And - hallelujah - you can see the seat map and choose your seat before you book.
#928644 by McCoy
13 Nov 2016, 11:21
gumshoe wrote:And - hallelujah - you can see the seat map and choose your seat before you book.

Yup, a good new feature - one from Delta's playbook.
#928645 by McCoy
13 Nov 2016, 11:23
mitchja wrote:Also cannot log into my FC account either as it's telling me to call CS.

Does your password have a non-alphanumeric character in it? Mind did, and that stopped me logging in, as the new website wants alphanumeric only.
So I got my new FC number by selecting "forgotten all details".
And then with new number, selected "forgot my password" to change it.
#928648 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 11:29
SlimpyJones wrote:Daft question maybe but I can't figure out how you view the seat map before booking..? What screen is it on?

It's on the page after you've entered your name, API & contact details.
Last edited by gumshoe on 13 Nov 2016, 11:33, edited 1 time in total.
#928650 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 11:35
Tried all that and I now get the following message:

Uh oh, you've done it now. You've exceeded the maximum number of log in attempts and your account is locked. Please contact our Customer Service Centre to regain access.

Just on the phone now to Flying Club.
#928653 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 11:51
MarshMan wrote:I'm unable to locate shops-away at present.

Click on "Buy, gift or transfer miles" under "Member links" on your FC account page.

There's a link to Shops Away there. It doesn't work mind .....
#928654 by mallin
13 Nov 2016, 11:53
Finally managed to log in after it initially telling me I could not. It took me to a memorable questions screen where I had to choose two then it let me in. found our booking I think its more complicated than the old site.

I will have to have a play around and see if I can sort it out, at least our flight was still there it had the selected seats but not on the seat plan so re selected them again. I haven't entered my secure details as my passport is up for renewel next year and haven't yet decided when to do it between holidays, or in January?
#928655 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 11:58
mitchja wrote:On a positive note - bookings now have full secure flight fields so you can now enter your Redress Number and/or your Known Traveller number if applicable.

Except it won't let me enter my Global Entry number unless I also enter a Redress number.

Grrrrrr
#928657 by mitchja
13 Nov 2016, 12:05
gumshoe wrote:
mitchja wrote:On a positive note - bookings now have full secure flight fields so you can now enter your Redress Number and/or your Known Traveller number if applicable.

Except it won't let me enter my Global Entry number unless I also enter a Redress number.

Grrrrrr

OK as I have both, I haven't encountered that!

Still cannot get logged in though as my FC account is still locked even though FC say it's not locked. It just keeps looping and first asking me to update my password which I do and then cycles though the same message telling me I need to update my password, until it then gives my the 'you account is locked' message again!!

Not ringing FC again as that on-hold 1 track music drives me mad. First time it cut me off after 30minutes in a queue and the second time I finally got through to someone after 15minutes, using the 'make a new booking' option that time.
#928659 by jfenney
13 Nov 2016, 12:10
Finally logged in found my new flying club number by logging in to an exsisting booking , personally much cleaner but I think gone backwards on reward seat bookings as you have to individually check availabilty in classes. :-D

And also noticed booking references have been changed
#928660 by onelifeliveit
13 Nov 2016, 12:11
I set up a seat alert and got an email this morning. How odd; every seat on the left side of PE in the bubble was vacant. So I booked 24A as it's my favourite seat. It took forever to get online as it would not recognise my numbers or passwords. >-( I haven't got the standard email from Virgin yet which is a bit worrying. Although, the seat is showing as occupied on the seat alert website. I guess if they mess up they can upgrade me to UC as my PE TICKETS are W class and my outbound is in UC anyway. ;-) PS. I hate the new site. >-(
#928661 by gumshoe
13 Nov 2016, 12:15
onelifeliveit wrote:I set up a seat alert and got an email this morning. How odd. Every seat on the left side of PE in the bubble was vacant. (

Same with me. It was full upstairs but now the entire left side is available.

Can't decide whether to move or stay in row 19 downstairs.
#928662 by onelifeliveit
13 Nov 2016, 12:15
jfenney wrote:Finally logged in found my new flying club number by logging in to an exsisting booking , personally much cleaner but I think gone backwards on reward seat bookings as you have to individually check availabilty in classes. :-D

And also noticed booking references have been changed
I noticed that too
#928663 by Silver Fox
13 Nov 2016, 12:17
Logged in OK using the old FC number, I did not get an email saying it had changed, got asked the security questions (from a glance they were very American but no matter), can still login using my old FC number. I did notice that the PNR number had changed, plus the two of us on the PNR had our seats swapped with each other. Very odd, but no matter. It is very much setup for tablets it seems to me and a few glitches on the laptop, but as far as Virgin's IT is concerned the fact that it is up and running is a miracle. I had to ring Virgin CS today about something else and she said "we have been getting rather a lot of calls but it is calming down a bit now" (this was at 0915).

Logging in with email address works (for added security you have to enter your surname).
Logging in with new FC number works too.
#928664 by onelifeliveit
13 Nov 2016, 12:17
gumshoe wrote:
onelifeliveit wrote:I set up a seat alert and got an email this morning. How odd. Every seat on the left side of PE in the bubble was vacant. (

Same with me. It was full upstairs but now the entire left side is available.

Can't decide whether to move or stay in row 19 downstairs.
I would take the risk and move, if they mess up you may get an upgrade or compo. :-P
#928667 by Myf
13 Nov 2016, 12:57
gumshoe wrote:
SlimpyJones wrote:Daft question maybe but I can't figure out how you view the seat map before booking..? What screen is it on?

It's on the page after you've entered your name, API & contact details.

I can't see the seat map when making a new booking, I'm using an iPad and viewing the site on Safari.

I can enter the passenger contact details, but not any API info, I don't get to that step as I need to pay first. And up to this point can't see any seat maps?

Can anyone shed any light?
Virgin Atlantic