This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933608 by SlimpyJones
19 Mar 2017, 21:51
Cheers for the update James, the custom date rate is indeed a little fiddly as if you search twice in a row it returns no results. Hopefully they'll patch that up as well.
#933612 by David
20 Mar 2017, 08:37
DoomWolf wrote:Logged into Shops Away today for my weekly link to Sainsburys's online shop and noticed that the site has now been properly integrated into the new VS site.

Yes, noticed that, but they've created another necessity to log in even though your logged in already. :-(

David
#933617 by Shirley Heights
20 Mar 2017, 11:58
DoomWolf wrote:Logged into Shops Away today for my weekly link to Sainsburys's online shop and noticed that the site has now been properly integrated into the new VS site.

Oh how I could kick myself! >-(

I haven't taken much notice of Shops Away for a few years, so what a surprise to read this post mentioning Sainsbury's. I quickly checked all the other shops/stores included and found there are now so many more, and also 'everyday' ones.

I have already done my weekly Sainsbury's online shop via the link and will now continue to do so - trying not to think about how many miles I have missed out on! :-(

It is the small nuggets of information here that can prove invaluable to other posters reading this forum.

Thanks v much
#933625 by MoJoJo
20 Mar 2017, 12:51
Shirley Heights wrote:
MoJoJo wrote:Is the 'Instore Cards' option new?

I also saw this but have no idea what it means as it's the first time I have used Shops Away.

Please can anyone explain?

You register your payment card then when shopping in one of the stores (as well as online) that earn miles will also earn miles for each shop
#933629 by DoomWolf
20 Mar 2017, 14:29
I hadn't spotted the in store option until yesterday either. Quidco does the same thing for cashback, although they don't allow you register Amex cards. Shops Away allowing Amex means I may be able to earn a few extra miles as I use my VS Amex Black as my main card.

I hadn't realised it now required a separate login for Shops Away even if already logged into FC. I just use a bookmarked link to the Shops Away page and just log in there.
#933630 by Shirley Heights
20 Mar 2017, 15:03
MoJoJo wrote:
Shirley Heights wrote:
MoJoJo wrote:Is the 'Instore Cards' option new?

I also saw this but have no idea what it means as it's the first time I have used Shops Away.

Please can anyone explain?

You register your payment card then when shopping in one of the stores (as well as online) that earn miles will also earn miles for each shop

Hi MoJoJo,

Thanks for your prompt reply, but please excuse my ignorance by asking the following:

As well as providing the shop with my card details to pay for goods purchased, are you saying that this payment card also has to be registered separately in order to earn to earn miles?

OR

By registering card details you can earn additional miles?
#933632 by Shirley Heights
20 Mar 2017, 15:45
OK, since my last post and your reply, I have re-read the T&Cs, so I think I am correct in that 'registering cards' is for when making purchases in store, but not necessary for online purchases??

Thanks again for your help and advice.
#933633 by mitchja
20 Mar 2017, 15:52
Yes, once you have registered your card(s) online, this new addition allows you to also earn FC miles when shopping in the listed physical retail stores as well as when shopping online clicking via the Shops Away website.

For the physical retail stores, you just pay at the P.O.S. as normal using a registered card and then a few days later the transaction should show up via the Shops Away website just like an online purchase does.

Quidco have a similar set-up as well.
#933638 by Shirley Heights
20 Mar 2017, 16:48
mitchja wrote:Yes, once you have registered your card(s) online, this new addition allows you to also earn FC miles when shopping in the listed physical retail stores as well as when shopping online clicking via the Shops Away website.

For the physical retail stores, you just pay at the P.O.S. as normal using a registered card and then a few days later the transaction should show up via the Shops Away website just like an online purchase does.

Quidco have a similar set-up as well.

Hello mitchja,

Thanks for your concise information/confirmation, much appreciated.
#933650 by DoomWolf
20 Mar 2017, 22:56
I wonder what would happen if you registered the same card for instore use on Shops Away and Quidco? I notice that Debenhams is certainly part of both schemes. Could I get FC miles and cashback? Saying that, I did manage that with No 1 Lounges after I'd first gone in via Quidco and then found it cheaper to go via the VS site. Somehow it registered the purchase with both so I got the cheapest price, extra miles and cashback.
#933720 by Shirley Heights
23 Mar 2017, 18:15
Further to my recent posts regarding online shopping at Sainsbury's via Shops Away, I fully understand that I must use the Shops Away portal, which I have done and all must be OK as my SA account shows 'pending points' so they should (hopefully!) be credited in due course. However, for future shops, once I have started my initial shop via the SA portal, do I also have to go via Shops Away for any shopping amendments, or can I just make changes directly via Sainsbury's?

I can't see an answer to this question on the Flying Club website, so hope maybe someone here knows. If not, should I contact FC directly?

Thanks
#933725 by DoomWolf
23 Mar 2017, 20:02
If you're amending a completed order, just go straight to the Sainsbury's website. I've done that many times and it's made no difference to the miles being credited.

I'm not sure about if the order hasn't been checked out yet, though. On the few occasions where I've left an incomplete order, I've gone back through Shops Away just to be on the safe side.

I think it probably works as long as you go through the checkout process during a session you started with Shops Away.
#933752 by Shirley Heights
24 Mar 2017, 16:08
DoomWolf wrote:If you're amending a completed order, just go straight to the Sainsbury's website. I've done that many times and it's made no difference to the miles being credited.

I'm not sure about if the order hasn't been checked out yet, though. On the few occasions where I've left an incomplete order, I've gone back through Shops Away just to be on the safe side.

I think it probably works as long as you go through the checkout process during a session you started with Shops Away.

Hi DoomWolf,

Thanks for your reply.

I always complete my initial shopping to check out, but often need to amend before delivery so your information is good to know.
#933811 by Stevieboy
27 Mar 2017, 07:38
Now what's going on ;-( Logged into my account just now and my mileage balance has dropped from 40,000+ to 27,000. When I click on the "My Activity" link it says "No data available in table" >-( >-(

-Steve
#933813 by mitchja
27 Mar 2017, 10:28
Stevieboy wrote:Now what's going on ;-( Logged into my account just now and my mileage balance has dropped from 40,000+ to 27,000. When I click on the "My Activity" link it says "No data available in table" >-( >-(

-Steve

That sounds very worrying!!! Whilst my miles balance is correct, I'm also struggling to see the transactions.

Change the 'date range' from the default 9 months to 12 months and then click search and that should refresh the page to show you the transactions.
#933814 by Stevieboy
27 Mar 2017, 10:45
mitchja wrote:
Stevieboy wrote:Now what's going on ;-( Logged into my account just now and my mileage balance has dropped from 40,000+ to 27,000. When I click on the "My Activity" link it says "No data available in table" >-( >-(

-Steve

That sounds very worrying!!! Whilst my miles balance is correct, I'm also struggling to see the transactions.

Change the 'date range' from the default 9 months to 12 months and then click search and that should refresh the page to show you the transactions.

Thanks, tried various combinations such as custom dates, 5 items per page, etc but no luck. The last 5 transactions are showing on the home page. Just emailed FC to ask them what's going on, I shall report back with their reply.

-Steve
#933821 by blindman
27 Mar 2017, 12:42
mitchja wrote:Anyone else's online FC account still showing their tier point balance as being completely wrong?

VS are adamant that all 4 of those flights have posted correctly to my account (I only see 3 of them online)!

No but my account balance is wrong and there is no way I can work it out as I only see miles earned in My Activity and not the 100,000's I've recently spent.

I remember the figure left over after all the big spend as it was just above the amount needed for a O\W Chauffeur car so I was musing if it was worth it. This was about early Feb.

Looked yesterday and now there's about 5000 miles less so well below the chauffeur ride.

My last 5 earnings total 3000 more miles than is showing.

CS Muppet can see the spends but says there is no running total to be seen at (say) end of year\month etc.

Told him to get his calculator out and count ALL my miles since inception to now and come up with a figure >-(
Luckily he's only got 10 teas worth.

I can't do that on-line so he'll have to do it.

Won't be flying Virgin again so just need these miles to either blow on the ride or Tx to IHG-to possibly top up my Spire status.

Shambles. >-(
#933822 by Stevieboy
27 Mar 2017, 15:57
Received a reply from VS which doesn't actually address the issue and also contains incorrect information stating that my last redemption was October last year when in fact it was 24th February this.

The email concluded "I cannot see any recent transactions which could suggest miles have been taken." Yes, so we both agree on that so where are my missing miles and what are you going to do about it??

-Steve
#933834 by Silver Fox
27 Mar 2017, 23:04
I have lost approximately 1000 miles somehow from, I think, yesterday when I was just seeing if I had been credited some inflight bonus miles for an issue. I suspect I am one of the luckier ones. It has never felt right to me since the new website but I have reached the point where if it is close enough, then it is good enough with Virgin.
#933847 by TimCrawley
28 Mar 2017, 10:06
After seeing the comments about miles going missing I checked and my numbers still look ok (so I took a screen shot and chose the PDF option too when viewing activity - so at least I have a record of what it is now).

On the summary of all FC actvity it shows the 100k miles deduction for the trip I'm on but even though it was booked on the same day it doesn't show the 100k miles deduction for my ANU trip in November (though I know the miles have been taken and it all shows up perfectly in my future flights and the miles balance now is correct on the assumption they took both lots of 100k miles).

It's all a bit weird and inconsistent but I count myself lucky that (so far) no miles or future flights have unexpectedly vanished.
#933854 by blindman
28 Mar 2017, 12:52
TimCrawley wrote:After seeing the comments about miles going missing I checked and my numbers still look ok (so I took a screen shot and chose the PDF option too when viewing activity - so at least I have a record of what it is now).

On the summary of all FC activity it shows the 100k miles deduction for the trip I'm on but even though it was booked on the same day it doesn't show the 100k miles deduction for my ANU trip in November (though I know the miles have been taken and it all shows up perfectly in my future flights and the miles balance now is correct on the assumption they took both lots of 100k miles).

It's all a bit weird and inconsistent but I count myself lucky that (so far) no miles or future flights have unexpectedly vanished.

I can see NO spending in my Activity so if you add it all up my account should be in the 100,000's :D
Spent a lot Dec\Jan so should be there now I would have thought

Just found a recent note I made and I'm missing 8,000 miles >-( >-(

Had a voice mail from CS and he says "the old system and new system account tallies do not match" >-( >-(
He has sent it to another department-but doesn't know how long that will take to resolve >-(

I have emailed CS-but as they did not credit me with the 500 miles promo a while back- I do not expect a good or timely response..

He did give me a figure as of 28th Sept-Si if he can do it then the "other department" can.

What a F&&&&£££ up

I used to enjoy experiences with VS-No more I'm afraid.
Virgin Atlantic