This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#929629 by Hev60
01 Dec 2016, 00:03
seany wrote:I've just booked a reward flight to NYC, and my milage balance didn't change at all, anybody else experienced this?

Have they even taken the payment from your card for the taxes, surcharges etc :-P

Before the dreaded changeover day a few weeks ago when everything to do with the Website & FC went so horribly wrong, I fortunately took a screenshot of my old FC account showing a year's worth of various transactions.

I now notice on my current FC account statement the reward flights we have booked for March to LAX & returning from SFO are not there. So the 100K miles deduction on each FC account is not showing, although sadly the miles are not in the balance either :-( :-D

I hope we don't start to read horror story from folk who get to the airport for their booked flights, only to find the systems have failed and they are not listed for the flight after all. Obviously OLCI will raise these issues but often we are told its "not working, checkin in at the airport asap" instead.

Oh dear things are not getting better.
#929633 by Vegascrazy
01 Dec 2016, 07:12
I've noticed that too, my mileage balance is correct but pre website disaster my account listed those travel dates in the future with corresponding miles debit for the reward flights! That said my flights all have eticket numbers so things look OK on the bookings!
#929635 by Silver Fox
01 Dec 2016, 10:01
Silver Fox wrote:So, and I do apologize if this has been said somewhere else, but I just got a ticket issued today and it has my "SkyMiles Number" in the receipt now. In the email it sticks to "Flying Club number". I know it is Delta that is driving this bus now but this changed from last week for me.

Well perhaps they are watching this thread as it has now changed from "SkyMiles" to "Frequent flyer number"....let's see if this works: I would like "Flying Club number". :)
#929662 by spacedog
02 Dec 2016, 07:59
Does anyone know if there is any way to access Shops Away on mobile? For the life of me I can't figure it out as I still can't log into my FC account using either the mobile or desktop sites.
#929673 by property1925
02 Dec 2016, 13:44
Just a silent scream....

There is still no automatic credit of TP/miles for (say) an underlying S fare which is upgraded to G using miles. Still have to email in requesting them, except now it doesn't work properly unless you invent parts of your address to fill boxes that are compulsory. That is, when I found what I hope is the relevant form.
#929676 by PaulW
02 Dec 2016, 14:17
Despite promises by flying club on Tuesday that my status would be reflected correctly today......guess what? You know the answer.....no change.

Oli Byers should be sacked!!
#929681 by SNOMO
02 Dec 2016, 16:21
Vegascrazy wrote:I've noticed that too, my mileage balance is correct but pre website disaster my account listed those travel dates in the future with corresponding miles debit for the reward flights! That said my flights all have eticket numbers so things look OK on the bookings!

Having at long last been able to get into mine & husbands accounts I have confirmed our mileage balance is correct & it shows our 'upcoming flights' correctly & I can check 'My Booking' & yes my booking is there plus I have our e-ticket numbers but its not stopping me checking every day that it stays there as I have become paranoid about it now :-0
#929691 by FLYERZ
03 Dec 2016, 13:03
Rang up flying club to sort out issue with logging in online and have been given my new numbers and assured logging in should work fine now. Just tried again and it still won't let me log in to any of our accounts. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to resolve this? Really need to login to earn some Xmas shopping miles.
#929703 by Silver Fox
04 Dec 2016, 10:06
Just as a reference point my UK credit card has posted to my account.

However I manged to lose 150 tier points at the same time too. Naturally I cannot find out why on the new website as a) it doesn't show TP in my activity any longer b) if it did I don't seem to be able to go back more than a year even selecting custom dates.
#929726 by evanspa1
04 Dec 2016, 23:25
It's just under a month since I took some flights and still waiting for them to be credited. I still can't use my 80 tier point voucher - flying club have given up waiting for an answer as to how to get it working and suggested I get in touch via the website as their internal calls / emails are being ignored.

So I tried to submit a message via the website. Even that doesn't work! When I enter UK for country and Suffolk for county it says:

Oops something isn't right. Please provide us with the right information in the highlighted fields ADDRESS
State/Province/County

Please enter no more than 2 characters to continue.

I've now resorted to a good old email but aren't holding out much hope of a speedy reply. :mrgreen:
#929728 by David
05 Dec 2016, 08:29
evanspa1 wrote:
Oops something isn't right. Please provide us with the right information in the highlighted fields ADDRESS
State/Province/County

This caused me to lock my account for over 2 weeks at the changeover time, although I don't think I was missing much.

The problem was the county.

We are Selkirkshire, but Virgin seemed to have changed that to Scottish Borders and my continual insistence that my address that I was inputting was correct locked my account. Silly me.

I did subsequently find a drop down box when I managed to get logged back in and did notice there were a few strange ones.

David
#929739 by Martin
05 Dec 2016, 13:30
seany wrote:Sorry but how on earth is selecting a cabin an "advanced option" ?...

Grrrrrrr >-(

I completely agree. It beggars belief that cabin class is not openly visible on the main booking page. What were they thinking when they designed that interface?
Perhaps it was ... [web designer scratches chin and thinks]: "Hmmm, Premium and Upper are a bit expensive, so let's not make them easy to find. Much better that all our customers fly in economy!"

While I'm on about poor design. Why are there so many steps to log in to Flying Club?
1. Find Flying Club, join or log in box.
2. Type in FC number and password. (Many people fail here, so I apologise for making some of you jealous of what else you can waste your time on!)
3. Wait while you think it's doing nothing (why is there no interstitial comment or spinning cirle thingy?)
4. End up on the home page again. Slightly confused.
5. Spot that back up on the top right is a box that says Flying Club (in gold) with some miles shown.
6. Scroll down the page to see your account. Nothing down there except an invitation to "Join the club". [Fail]
7. Go back up to the top and click on the words Flying Club. You have to be specific, you can't click anywhere in the gold box.
8. When you click, the screen slides down to show Flying Club info. Spot the box that says "Hi Martin" with a My Flying Club → button.
9. Click the button and Hey Presto you get to your account. It's all wrong when you get there of course, but you do feel a sense of achievement fo having made it this far.
:D :D :D

The old site was poor as we all know and it never got updated in the last redesign about 3-4 years ago, but at least I could log in to my account in two simple steps. Oh, and the information was then pretty accurate.

I also feel there is strange lack of consistency in the navigation with the use of the right arrow symbol →.
Sometimes it's there as a clue that this is a link and sometimes it's not. The Flying Club box at the top doesn't have it, but the My Flying Club→ link does? On the Flying Club page, the first link has an arrow, but the rest of the links to: How it works, Benefits and tiers etc. do not.

Oli - I know you have gone quiet these past few days, but I hope you are still reading these threads. If you want more feedback from real customers, please feel free to get in touch.

Martin
#929744 by chocksaway
05 Dec 2016, 15:58
"We are Selkirkshire, but Virgin seemed to have changed that to Scottish Borders and my continual insistence that my address that I was inputting was correct locked my account. Silly me."

That is what happened to me, so in the end I googled my post code & the town was a different town to the one I have used for years!!! Hey presto, I was then able to log in .

Chocksaway.
#929750 by property1925
05 Dec 2016, 17:25
Had same problem with email. It wants a 2 - letter code because all US states have a two letter code, and English counties don't. Even though it says state or county! So I put in "UK" for county (not country) and that worked.

Nuts
#929757 by FLYERZ
05 Dec 2016, 21:54
Whats really annoying is that I have even entered my details in the 'forgot my password' link for them to send me my details and it says that the email adress I have entered is wrong. Add to that ringing up flying club and being told that they are aware there are issues but they can't see why my correct details aren't allowing me into my account...completely unprofessional and pi**ing off they're most loyal customers.

You'd think that within a week they could rectify whatever issues there are....nope....not VS
#929763 by Hev60
05 Dec 2016, 23:30
FLYERZ wrote: ........

You'd think that within a week they could rectify whatever issues there are....nope....not VS

Hi Flyerz, not sure when you first experienced your own problems getting into the FC but the issues actually started on day one which was Sunday 13th :-O November.
Nothing, absolutely nothing has improved or been rectified since that date, which was over three weeks ago >-(
#929766 by honey lamb
06 Dec 2016, 00:07
FLYERZ wrote:Whats really annoying is that I have even entered my details in the 'forgot my password' link for them to send me my details and it says that the email adress I have entered is wrong. Add to that ringing up flying club and being told that they are aware there are issues but they can't see why my correct details aren't allowing me into my account...completely unprofessional and pi**ing off they're most loyal customers.

Yep! that's the same for me. I love that they send an email to one's stated email address to say it's wrong - NOT!!
#929778 by Silver Fox
06 Dec 2016, 12:37
On FT a chap, Raffles, whom I believe is "headforpoints" said this "The affiliate programme is still dead, so Virgin is losing real booking revenue as well. Online publishers won't run Virgin CPA ads if they are not getting paid."

Someone should be sacked or swiftly moved aside to let a grown-up fix this. Almost a month and I see nothing fixed that has been reported as broken, and certainly no improvements.
#929818 by property1925
08 Dec 2016, 00:59
Reference my post on different thread about upgrade/rewards not always being visible to FC staff even though they show on the website, I was advised to call back. I did, when website still showing availability. Still nothing for FC.

Why ? - "the website is not always accurate"

You can say that again! ;-)
Virgin Atlantic