This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#928715 by nuneczka
13 Nov 2016, 17:26
Hello everyone,

I had a seat alert set up and today to my surprise whole left side of PE seats in the bubble become open for LGW to HAV. I am flying on the 28/11 and back 8/12 and managed to grab the bubble seats.

Does anyone know why these seats been released so early? I thought it s normally couple of days before the departure when you can get the upstair seat. How likely is that Virgin can change my seats back to the previous, downstairs selection?

Thanks,
Karolina
#928728 by jfenney
13 Nov 2016, 18:32
I have never had a problem booking upstairs but glad you availabilty :-D unfortunately the seats are always provisional and you can be moved but mainly due to operational reasons
#928734 by onelifeliveit
13 Nov 2016, 19:13
nuneczka wrote:Hello everyone,

I had a seat alert set up and today to my surprise whole left side of PE seats in the bubble become open for LGW to HAV. I am flying on the 28/11 and back 8/12 and managed to grab the bubble seats.

Does anyone know why these seats been released so early? I thought it s normally couple of days before the departure when you can get the upstair seat. How likely is that Virgin can change my seats back to the previous, downstairs selection?

Thanks,
Karolina

Same with me. I took a chance and changed to 24A but until I get the confirmation email will have to accept that they may change me back. Maybe they have changed their procedures and are deciding to free up these seats earlier in future. My seat is fully upgradeable W class so fingers crossed they offer me an airmiles upgrade to UC if worse comes to the worse. ;-)
#928765 by nuneczka
13 Nov 2016, 22:39
Thanks. I didnt get email confirmation after I have changed the seat. Am I supposed to get one? I have took a screenshoot just in case. I dont want to be over dramatic but cant stand a though having a middle seat again after my recent LAS flight.
#928826 by onelifeliveit
14 Nov 2016, 18:14
nuneczka wrote:Thanks. I didnt get email confirmation after I have changed the seat. Am I supposed to get one? I have took a screenshoot just in case. I dont want to be over dramatic but cant stand a though having a middle seat again after my recent LAS flight.

Every time that I have requested a seat, I get a confirmation email but I didn't receive one yesterday. I am guessing once they sort things out we will get it. I too am fearing middle seats.
#929037 by chriski
18 Nov 2016, 13:34
Bubble seats also became available for MBJ flight in January, they had not previously been there but suddenly wide open.
We had been downstairs but now have 20a/c

Checked a few times and seats still allocated so heres hoping
#929078 by onelifeliveit
19 Nov 2016, 13:54
onelifeliveit wrote:
Janeclar wrote:I have just checked in for my flight tomorrow - sequence 1 and still in seat 24A (at present!!).

Great news and safe travels. 24A is my favourite seat in PE because you can push the seat back and there is no one behind to worry about. I'm travelling to MBJ by UC but returning in the new year in PE and managed to change from an aisle seat downstairs to 24A upstairs. I was shocked when I saw the whole aisle was free and available so soon. Fingers crossed!
#929079 by onelifeliveit
19 Nov 2016, 13:56
chriski wrote:Bubble seats also became available for MBJ flight in January, they had not previously been there but suddenly wide open.
We had been downstairs but now have 20a/c

Checked a few times and seats still allocated so heres hoping
I'm returning from MBJ in the new year. I managed to snag 24A, my favourite seat. I check everyday and so far it looks okay.
#929107 by archie282
19 Nov 2016, 22:40
please forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere.
i'm travelling from lgw to las in dec and currently have seat 20A booked in the bubble. Does being on the front row give any additional legroom over the normal PE seats or is it just that you wont have any one reclining into your lap?
thanks
#929150 by Janeclar
21 Nov 2016, 12:15
The main disadvantage of 20A is that it is nextvto the toilets. There is marginally more lev room than the other seats, but you cannot stretch under the seat in front.
I really like 24A and have changed my February seat booking to the same seat. I am fairly sure that the left side of PE in the bubble used to be allocated to Virgin Holidays.
#929204 by onelifeliveit
21 Nov 2016, 22:16
Janeclar wrote:The main disadvantage of 20A is that it is nextvto the toilets. There is marginally more lev room than the other seats, but you cannot stretch under the seat in front.
I really like 24A and have changed my February seat booking to the same seat. I am fairly sure that the left side of PE in the bubble used to be allocated to Virgin Holidays.
Yes you are right. The left side of the bubble has always been for virgin holiday travellers. 24A is my favourite PE seats too.
#932753 by Rotty
16 Feb 2017, 00:53
we have "bubble seats for our PE outbound to Vegas in October but at moment nothing for return

Not flown this route since the reconfig of the planes, one thought I have had, myself an my wife like a couple of drinks through flight (within reason), in economy on the Vegas route they "run out" part way through the flight in economy (I think it's to keep order) , I have never known them to run out in UC or PE, now as the upstairs is a mixed area served by one galley I was wondering of you would fall foul of this and may be better off downstairs in the PE only section
#932766 by Silver Fox
16 Feb 2017, 15:22
Well on the LAS route being downstairs in PE I have fallen victim to the galley bar closing each and every time.
Virgin Atlantic