This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931213 by International Hitman
11 Jan 2017, 23:01
Thanks Joey, bitterly disappointing, the Shanghai shared lounge is dire, many a time I would fly to HK just for the lounge and the flight timing
#931303 by property1925
13 Jan 2017, 12:23
oceanscape wrote:Wow, is this for real? What a crying shame. Loved that lounge. Won't be flying VS to HKG anymore, then, plenty of better carriers now the lounge has gone.

Same for me. Just crossed to the rubicon and booked my next 3 flights on BA/Oneworld. I understand that my relatively insignificant £25k a year trade for VS might not be their focus - they are a business as many have said.
#932939 by Nottingham Nick
21 Feb 2017, 15:24
I am currently sat in the 'new' Plaza premium lounge waiting for VS207 to whisk us home.

There are two Plaza Premium lounges almost next to each other near gate 40. One of them is clearly marked as the Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Lounge.

First impressions are reasonable. It isn't a Clubhouse, but then it was never going to be. It is a cut above most of the other Plaza Premium lounges I have been in around Asia. There are runway views - a good beer and spirits self pour selection. There are also a number of hot dishes available to eat - buffet style from a hot food counter, rather than prepared to order like the Clubhouse used to be.

There is also a nice selection of cold options, sandwiches and salad.

For those for whom it is important - the fizz is Moet.

There is a Virgin uniformed rep on the desk, British newspapers, reasonable wi-fi and clean toilets / wash room.

It would appear the disaster has been averted, but as always. YMMV.

Nick
#932942 by Sealink
21 Feb 2017, 15:58
I'm surprised that someone would move their travel to BA based on a few hours in a lounge.

If the lounge experience is so important then why miss out on the LHR Clubhouse?
#933054 by International Hitman
25 Feb 2017, 14:32
Nottingham Nick wrote:I am currently sat in the 'new' Plaza premium lounge waiting for VS207 to whisk us home.

There are two Plaza Premium lounges almost next to each other near gate 40. One of them is clearly marked as the Virgin Atlantic Upper Class Lounge.

First impressions are reasonable. It isn't a Clubhouse, but then it was never going to be. It is a cut above most of the other Plaza Premium lounges I have been in around Asia. There are runway views - a good beer and spirits self pour selection. There are also a number of hot dishes available to eat - buffet style from a hot food counter, rather than prepared to order like the Clubhouse used to be.

There is also a nice selection of cold options, sandwiches and salad.

For those for whom it is important - the fizz is Moet.

There is a Virgin uniformed rep on the desk, British newspapers, reasonable wi-fi and clean toilets / wash room.

It would appear the disaster has been averted, but as always. YMMV.

Nick

Agree with all that Nick says above, but this is in fact a very decent intimate lounge --- the service so far has been outstanding, although not many in yet [8!] the girls have been really professional and attentive [the Plaza First class lounge is being refurbished and that is where they usually work --- and it shows!!]

I have posted an image of the entrance --- VS/UC very clearly marked

Will really miss the old clubhouse but things could be much worse

Entrance.JPG
Entrance
Entrance.JPG (71.65 KiB) Viewed 2506 times
#933123 by Richie
27 Feb 2017, 09:39
Moving carriers because a lounge closes. Pathetic. VS service and atmosphere onboard is so much better than BA! And I have to agree with an above post! Why would you want to miss out on the LHR clubhouse??
#933125 by SlimpyJones
27 Feb 2017, 11:07
Richie wrote:Moving carriers because a lounge closes. Pathetic. VS service and atmosphere onboard is so much better than BA! And I have to agree with an above post! Why would you want to miss out on the LHR clubhouse??

Absolutely my thoughts as well.
Virgin Atlantic