This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933783 by Shirley Heights
25 Mar 2017, 15:15
sandy1romford wrote:Hubby and I are flying UC from LGW-Antigua on the 5th May back on the 18th. Have obviously chosen our seat numbers and seat plan is showing 1-1-1. I'm a nervous flyer, hence we have booked specific seat numbers. What would happen is the seat plan was reverted back to 1-2-1 in regards to our seats numbers?

Hi sandy1romford,

May I ask which flight you are booked on? The reason for this is I much prefer the Friday flights to/from ANU, but with this years summer schedule, the flights have reverted back to Thursdays. Therefore I had to book Thursday 4th May (I NEVER book Saturday flights and try to avoid Tuesday/Wednesday flights)

So I'm just checking if:

1) I missed the Friday flight?
2) You are on an indirect flight?
3) You meant to say 4th or 6th May?

Regarding seating if the config ends up being 1-2-1, I suppose it depends on the seats you already have allocated as to whether they will/can be protected. Sorry, hope I'm not confusing you, maybe another poster will be able to explain better than I can.

Have a good holiday in Antigua - whichever day you are travelling!!
#933787 by sandy1romford
25 Mar 2017, 23:36
Shirley Heights wrote:
sandy1romford wrote:Hubby and I are flying UC from LGW-Antigua on the 5th May back on the 18th. Have obviously chosen our seat numbers and seat plan is showing 1-1-1. I'm a nervous flyer, hence we have booked specific seat numbers. What would happen is the seat plan was reverted back to 1-2-1 in regards to our seats numbers?

Hi sandy1romford,

May I ask which flight you are booked on? The reason for this is I much prefer the Friday flights to/from ANU, but with this years summer schedule, the flights have reverted back to Thursdays. Therefore I had to book Thursday 4th May (I NEVER book Saturday flights and try to avoid Tuesday/Wednesday flights)

So I'm just checking if:

Regarding seating if the config ends up being 1-2-1, I suppose it depends on the seats you already have allocated as to whether they will/can be protected. Sorry, hope I'm not confusing you, maybe another poster will be able to explain better than I can.

Hi Shirley Heights,

Apologies ... yes, made an error on our dates:-( We ARE flying out from LGW on the 4th May (VS33) and back on the 19th May (VS34) I assume we are on the same flight?

No worries regarding the seating ... will just hope that our flight will be on a newly configurated 1-1-1. if not, what will be will be:-)

Regards,
Pat
#933791 by HWVlover
26 Mar 2017, 12:34
SuttonTravel wrote:**First Post - New Member**

I'm on the 97 to UVF on 30th April, which is also currently showing a 1-1-1, so if this remains the case, and no-one else has taken any pics, then I'll upload some of the new UC cabin. It's a great big IF at this stage, whether or not the aircraft will be a refitted one.

Me too.
And welcome to V-flyer.
:D
#933799 by Shirley Heights
26 Mar 2017, 18:58
sandy1romford wrote:
Shirley Heights wrote:

Hi sandy1romford,

So I'm just checking if:

Hi Shirley Heights,

Apologies ... yes, made an error on our dates:-( We ARE flying out from LGW on the 4th May (VS33) and back on the 19th May (VS34) I assume we are on the same flight?

No worries regarding the seating ... will just hope that our flight will be on a newly configurated 1-1-1. if not, what will be will be:-)

Regards,
Pat

LOL, thank goodness you got the correct outbound date - would hate that you missed your flight by a day! ;-)

Yes, we are on the same flight - I return on the 25th though - so a week later than you.

Looking forward to the new LGW Clubhouse as the last VS UC flight I took was back in November, so it was still the south terminal Clubhouse.

I don't know if you have been to Antigua before, but the 'newish' Executive Lounge at ANU is a HUGE improvement on the previous lounge offerings, especially now the outside terrace is open to enjoy the final minutes/hours of the Caribbean sun.
#933928 by vic110
29 Mar 2017, 16:15
Just checked the seat map for our flight from Man-SFO on Friday and its changed to the old 4 row seat map. Looks like we're not on the new A330 now. It still shows the 3 rows for our return flight though so hopefully it will be a new one for that flight.
#933935 by SNOMO
29 Mar 2017, 19:27
vic110 wrote:Just checked the seat map for our flight from Man-SFO on Friday and its changed to the old 4 row seat map. Looks like we're not on the new A330 now. It still shows the 3 rows for our return flight though so hopefully it will be a new one for that flight.

Hope you get the refurb on your return Vic - look forward to hearing your report.
#933944 by Falcon22
29 Mar 2017, 22:21
vic110 wrote:Just checked the seat map for our flight from Man-SFO on Friday and its changed to the old 4 row seat map. Looks like we're not on the new A330 now. It still shows the 3 rows for our return flight though so hopefully it will be a new one for that flight.

Thanks for the heads up. My SFO-MAN Flight on April 9 still shows 3 rows
#933960 by SlimpyJones
30 Mar 2017, 15:36
Thanks for linking virginboy! Nice to see some pics at long last. Interesting change re: the bar positioning. Quite thoughtful. Should hopefully minimise disturbances.

The cabin and bar look great. :)
#933961 by tontybear
30 Mar 2017, 16:29
So if you don't want to see other passengers then the A side is the side to be!

*rushes off to change selection*
#933974 by nkp85uk
30 Mar 2017, 19:07
Great to see a couple of pictures.
I can't get my head around the positioning/orientation of the bar though. Is there a curtain between the last UC suite and the bar?
#933975 by mitchja
30 Mar 2017, 19:11
nkp85uk wrote:Great to see a couple of pictures.
I can't get my head around the positioning/orientation of the bar though. Is there a curtain between the last UC suite and the bar?

I might be wrong here but I *think* the bar is in the same orientation as it was on the old LHR 744's with the bar stools parallel with the bulk head wall between Upper and Premium Economy (?)
#933978 by VSSCC
30 Mar 2017, 19:42
When you sit on the bar stools your back is to the upper class cabin and you are facing the back of the plane.. The curtain you can see in the picture is hiding the boarding door as the bar is situated between the second pair of doors...
#933979 by sandy1romford
30 Mar 2017, 20:14
Looking at the new configuration, it makes me wonder how they managed with the old configuration of 1-2-1, as the 1-1-1 doesn't look very spacious! I'm a bit claustrophobic and have booked 6A and 7A outbound and 1A and 2A inbound, thinking that they would be less closed in than 1A and 1B for example, but looking at the photo doesn't seem to appear that way .. perhaps it the way that the photo was taken? Am in a dilemma now whether to stay with what we have or change ... any advise would be welcome:-)
#933980 by gumshoe
30 Mar 2017, 20:21
If you're on a 1-2-1 config there is no getting away from the fact it's cramped.

I'd stick with your window seats, the middle seats feel even tighter.
#933982 by sandy1romford
30 Mar 2017, 21:36
Thanks gumshoe, window seats it is then:-) I'm going to keep 1A and 2A as booked on our return flight, but unsure about 6A and 7A outbound. The last 2 seats in aisle A are still available, although looks like the last seat doesn't have a window, but, would give easy of access to the bar area to stretch my legs without having to trapeze through the cabin ... your thoughts? Also, is there an area to the front of the cabin to stretch your legs and any idea where the toilets are situated? Thanks for your input gumshoe ... appreciated:-)
#933983 by gumshoe
30 Mar 2017, 21:53
Toilets are right at the front of the plane next to the cockpit and at the front of PE, all far enough away from UC seats not to be an issue.

I'd stick with what you've got. The last two rows are right next to the bar which could be annoying if it's well-used. If you want to stretch your legs the bar is probably the best place.
#933986 by sandy1romford
30 Mar 2017, 23:37
Thanks again for your help gumshoe:-) Just one more question (for the time being!) ... when seats are fully reclined in aisle A, does it make it difficult to access the toilet or the bar area without knocking into peoples feet?
#933987 by mitchja
31 Mar 2017, 04:50
The seat recline position doesn't make any difference to where you feet end up.

Unless anyone is seriously tall then normally there is no 'over-hang' (sorry can't think of any other way to put it!!) from any of the Upper Class Suites.

Occasionally when the cabin is in night mode, you do get a few more things like duvets etc spilling over from seats into aisles but nothing really that impedes the aisle access.
#934001 by jayden
01 Apr 2017, 09:02
The old A330 DreamSuite was slightly narrower and shorter so I suppose it didn't look as cramped. To be honest I was always a fan of it, but it was only ever comfortable when in 1/2 a/k
#934002 by DocRo
01 Apr 2017, 09:38
I think the herringbone angle was narrower as well but I could be wrong
#934003 by gumshoe
01 Apr 2017, 09:45
Yes the angle has changed to allow them to fit more seats into each of the A, G and K rows, to (almost) compensate for the loss of the D seats.

So each suite now takes up more of the cabin width but less of its length.
#934017 by ColOrd
02 Apr 2017, 10:43
I love the look of the new bar!

I've got two flights coming up on the 330, LHR-JFK and JFK-MAN, and I'm really hoping that I get one of each config to compare, having never been on the 330!
Virgin Atlantic