This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931015 by NYLON
07 Jan 2017, 14:22
I just set this up pretty painlessly, by adding my partner's account to mine. She'll continue to earn Tier Points as an individual, but all her future miles earning will end up in my account :cool:

I was also able to transfer (gratis) the balance of her existing account into mine :-D

She's an authorized user on my account, so has access to the pooled miles too.

We're both Au, but I am much less likely to fall out of status than she is, hence making my account the household account.

It's going to be great for using our miles on redemptions and upgrades when there has been an issue with her account not having quite enough miles for a full sector redemption, thus a last-minute (and idiotically priced) transfer of my miles to her account.
#931020 by enjoyingit
07 Jan 2017, 17:54
I take it you both don't have to be gold, just the person creating the household account? Is the transfer of miles for free a new feature?
#931029 by NYLON
07 Jan 2017, 21:32
enjoyingit wrote:I take it you both don't have to be gold, just the person creating the household account? Is the transfer of miles for free a new feature?

Correct, only the person creating the Household Account needs to be Gold. If that person stops being Gold, the Household Account is ended. I just asked about the transfer of miles, as I wanted everything in one place. It had to be done manually, and took about 30 minutes or so.

s2driveruk wrote:Keep meaning to do this myself..is it an online process to link or over the phone with FC?

It has to be done over the phone (at the moment, at least). It's a fairly simple process.
#931228 by NYLON
12 Jan 2017, 12:41
Just bumping this to say that - and I hope I don't jinx anything - this system works perfectly and immediately.

My other half's miles post immediately to my household account (including cabin and status bonus, also credit card expenditure and other third party mileage earnings), and she maintains her TP earning for status.

It does mean her account always displays 0 miles, and mine, well... she can't leave me now!

It's brilliant, because it's so easy to redeem for either of us or for both together, without worrying about the precise number of miles in each account to be a sector's worth of redemption/upgrade etc.

I really think this should be extended across all tiers, not just for Au, as actually it's households who travel less frequently than ours who could really benefit by having their miles pooled in one place.
#931522 by NYLON
18 Jan 2017, 15:58
McCoy wrote:what happens in the event of the HHA main holder losing gold status?

The accounts get de-linked. Divorced, you might say ;-(
#931523 by Penny_L
18 Jan 2017, 15:58
2.18.8 Should the Gold Member fail to retain Gold status, the Gold Member Household Account will be cancelled automatically and all existing linked accounts shall be delinked. Should the Member re-qualify for Gold status at a later date, they may re-apply, subject to the Flying Club Terms
#931537 by tontybear
19 Jan 2017, 16:48
The issue with the VS HHA account as opposed to the BA one is that when you dissolve a VS account the miles earned by the other members are retained by one person - the GC holder that set it up.

With BA the miles are retained in the individual flyers account but pooled when used. When the HHA is dissolved every member retains the miles currently in their own account.

VS should rethink this.
Virgin Atlantic