This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931205 by shaneg17
11 Jan 2017, 22:20
Hi all

I'm flying UC to JFK in July with my better half and 2 other women in tow.

This is the first time I've flown VA UC so not experienced the CH.

Do I have to book activities like a hair cut for the ladies or is it just suck it and see / first come first served?

Our flight out is 4pm and we are planning to arrive at the CH for just after 12...I'm sure by that time the whole place will be very busy so if no booking facility treatments may be hard to come by?

Thanks

Shane
Last edited by mitchja on 12 Jan 2017, 00:17, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Duplicate posts merged
#931206 by shaneg17
11 Jan 2017, 22:21
Hi all

I'm flying UC to JFK in July with my better half and 2 other women in tow.

This is the first time I've flown VA UC so not experienced the CH.

Do I have to book activities like a hair cut for the ladies or is it just suck it and see / first come first served?

Our flight out is 4pm and we are planning to arrive at the CH for just after 12...I'm sure by that time the whole place will be very busy so if no booking facility treatments may be hard to come by?

Thanks

Shane
#931207 by gumshoe
11 Jan 2017, 22:28
You can only book appointments on the day, at the Clubhouse spa reception. So make it the first thing you do when you arrive.

Shouldn't be a problem - 1-4pm tends to be the quietest time of day, once all the morning & lunchtime flights have been called.
Last edited by gumshoe on 11 Jan 2017, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
#931209 by joeyc
11 Jan 2017, 22:30
Spa appointments are first come, first served. You can no longer prebook a desired slot and treatment I am afraid. You'll have a fair few hours in the clubhouse, so I am sure you guys should all be able to snag the treatments you want.

Enjoy :cool:
#931212 by pjh
11 Jan 2017, 22:52
shaneg17 wrote:Do I have to book activities like a hair cut for the ladies or is it just suck it and see / first come first served?

You book at the Spa desk when you arrive. You can, of course, book a haircut for yourself. Though pretty much a polish in my case, it's one of the treats of the CH for me. MrsPJH always likes the French Polish.

shaneg17 wrote:

As others have said it's the flow and the length of the treatment that matters. The Spa desk operate a policy based on what time you depart. So if you arrive at noon for a 4pm flight (a 3 hour CH stay) you may get a 2pm appointment.
#931214 by pjh
11 Jan 2017, 23:02
International Hitman wrote:Two threads are better than one :cool:

From a warped point of view, not true. :)
#931215 by joeyc
11 Jan 2017, 23:02
Gerrym wrote:I always pre-book at the CH.

But then I am on the Wings programme!

Sadly us paupers have to book on the day :-P

Is Wings the new PAMs for the UNIQs? I have also seen it referred to in some correspondence with FlyingCo a while back and in another thread on here.
#931397 by Gerrym
14 Jan 2017, 23:25
joeyc wrote:
Gerrym wrote:I always pre-book at the CH.

But then I am on the Wings programme!

Sadly us paupers have to book on the day :-P

Is Wings the new PAMs for the UNIQs? I have also seen it referred to in some correspondence with FlyingCo a while back and in another thread on here.

Hi Joey, yes that is correct, it is the replacement for UNIQ. I have to say it is impressive!!
Virgin Atlantic