This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931309 by cheesebag
13 Jan 2017, 13:20
gumshoe wrote:
cheesebag wrote:The other got me knocking them for about an hour until they got the message.

If "the other" had been me I would have got the crew involved I'm afraid.

Whether you like it or not, your fellow passengers have the right to recline as far as the seat allows as long as it's not during meals.

If you don't want to be reclined on to, choose an exit row seat or upgrade. It's public transport, not your private jet.

:-D :-D :-D :-D

Not off to Hong Kong in Feb, Vegas in March or Cancun in April are you? I'll let you know what seats to avoid :cool:
#931317 by Wilbs
13 Jan 2017, 14:04
I flew in PE and said I would never do it again. Person in front fully reclined as soon as we took off, put his eye mask on and stayed there the whole flight, even during meal times >-( His friend also done this and I was trapped in my seat!
Asked the crew if they could help me out, and was told as he was sleeping they couldn't disturb them!!
#931319 by pblondon
13 Jan 2017, 14:29
On a 5 / 6 hour overnight flight I don't know anything about meal times (I'm asleep), tend to wake as we're about to descend and then go to revivals....
Normally on those flights back from NYC most people in PE are sleeping (or trying to) anyway as its such a short flight. Day flights are different altogether (but then I'm usually in UC anyway).
#931321 by SNOMO
13 Jan 2017, 14:58
gumshoe wrote:
cheesebag wrote:The other got me knocking them for about an hour until they got the message.

If "the other" had been me I would have got the crew involved I'm afraid.
If you don't want to be reclined on to, choose an exit row seat or upgrade. It's public transport, not your private jet.

DITTO - all the time there is recline available people will, and are entitled to, recline !
#931353 by DocRo
14 Jan 2017, 08:33
I hate people reclining into my space as well as it is really uncomfortable for me unless I recline and do the same to the person behind. I am sure if the person in front realised how difficult it is for a tall person they would be more understanding. I accept that this is part of flying but I do draw the line at people being reclined during meal service and would really make my feelings known.
Clearly, there is a difference between day flights and night flights but I would still expect the person in front to be upright during dinner and the cabin crew to ask for me if not. If you want to recline from the off you should be in the back row.
#931354 by DocRo
14 Jan 2017, 08:39
Virgin Atlantic