This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931352 by sungod
14 Jan 2017, 08:30
arrived a bit early, friendly check-in, the VS security was not open yet, instead just headed for main security, which turned out to be very slow

did a bit of shopping for mrs sungod then went to the CH, a bit before 0630 but it already open and had a short, but much quicker, queue, went straight for a shower before settling down to brekkie

it looks odd with the areas walled off, i'd hoped for a shoeshine (which is now tucked in next to the CH service desk), but he's not here until 830-ish

CH staff serving are cheery and efficient, the first bubbly of the day is complementing the english breakfast well

off to dallas for a corporate thing, but have the misfortune to have been booked into one of the DFW airport hotels for the whole week, grrrr, not happy!
#931355 by hiljil
14 Jan 2017, 08:54
Enjoy the CH and flight. Hope the airport hotel is better than you think !!
#931357 by sungod
14 Jan 2017, 08:57
it's not the hotel so much as the location, i like to take an early walk for some peace and fresh air, not much chance of that at DFW!

Edit. On board, CC on the ball, first drink, though the gardet tastes bad after the lanson, may take a couple to adjust my tastebuds :)
Last edited by sungod on 14 Jan 2017, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
#931360 by pjh
14 Jan 2017, 10:22
Have a great flight and I hope being cooped up in an airport hotel proves not to be too bad.
#931406 by sungod
15 Jan 2017, 11:59
trip ok, good CC on both VS and DL

hotel is DFW hyatt regency, staff all seem ok, but otherwise, no, just no, a week! i'm going to be so glad to check-out

aside from the very tired decor
restaurant grim - think gatwick airport hilton, but with less charm and much more expensive
gym cramped and limited, shared with the washer/dryers
room size good, but no fridge, no safe, one small window with non-stop road noise all night

needed to moan!
Virgin Atlantic