This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931372 by flowerpot flo
14 Jan 2017, 17:59
We're off to Dubai in Sept - huge excitement. At last we'll be able to experience the LHR clubhouse that I've read so many good reports about. Obviously it's a night flight (22.05). Is there a 'best' time to get to the clubhouse? Does it get ridiculously busy at certain times or is it fairly free flowing? Wondering if arriving at 5pm would be too early for a 10pm flight ...? Views from those in the know will be appreciated :-)
#931374 by gumshoe
14 Jan 2017, 18:14
I'd aim for between 5 and 6. After that it can get busy with flights to JFK, Delhi, Hong Kong, Lagos & Dubai all leaving between approx 8 & 10.30.

Having said that it won't be nearly as busy as it is in the morning when there are 6 or 7 VS flights leaving before 11 not to mention a load of Deltas. So there should be plenty of space.
#931388 by buns
14 Jan 2017, 20:59
Yep, would agree with Gumshoe

Having just flown out to Dubai, we saw the place start to fill up after 6

Be sure to go straight to the spa to book your treatment as soon as you arrive

buns
#931389 by sungod
14 Jan 2017, 21:19
Another vote for 5-ish and early booking

With the areas walled off for building work there's less space than usual, if you see one free I recommend taking one of the tables in the galley behind the bar, I find it's more private and stays relaxed even when the rest of the CH gets busy

Edit - by September I'd think building will be well over, and you'll have new things to explore!
#931400 by joeyc
15 Jan 2017, 04:43
I too have just done this flight, opting to arrive at the clubhouse for dinner just after 7. There was plenty of space in the brasserie, the pit (the seating area opposite the bar) and the jazz corridor (the glass walled seating area behind the bar) to grab a seat. The spa looked quite busy at arrival but by about 830pm it was dead; that said, I would definitely agree with buns' advice to head there to book your slot as soon as you arrive.

flowerpot flo wrote: Wondering if arriving at 5pm would be too early for a 10pm flight ...?

As this is your first trip to the LHR CH, it's certainly not too early. I do know a vflyer, who if was in your situation, would be planning on arriving in time for lunch. Enjoy ;-)
Virgin Atlantic