This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931373 by shaneg17
14 Jan 2017, 18:09
Hi all

Probably a really silly question and maybe my answer is right in front of me.

I have two bookings with VA this year. When I go into Manage my Booking on both I cannot see a section where I have to input my Advanced Passenger Information. Back in the day this section used to be fairly obvious but unless I'm blind / really tired I can't see it.

Should I be seeing it? Any help?

Thanks

Shane
#931375 by Hev60
14 Jan 2017, 18:26
shaneg17 wrote:Hi all

Probably a really silly question and maybe my answer is right in front of me.

I have two bookings with VA this year. When I go into Manage my Booking on both I cannot see a section where I have to input my Advanced Passenger Information. Back in the day this section used to be fairly obvious but unless I'm blind / really tired I can't see it.

Should I be seeing it? Any help?

Thanks

Shane

Shane, this facility doesn't apply with the new website . Apparently it has to be entered when you do the OLCI. There seems to be some info stored from the old website but you certainly cannot add your new passport info or where you are staying at your destination.

Before someone else says it to you ;-) VA is the code of Virgin Australia or maybe America.
VS applies to Virgin Atlantic :-D
#931376 by gumshoe
14 Jan 2017, 18:29
Yes, since the new website launched, you now enter API when you do OLCI, not before.

However if you're a Flying Club member you can save your passport details in your profile, which should transfer across to your booking at check-in.
#931385 by tontybear
14 Jan 2017, 19:25
VS = Virgin Atlantic
VA = Virgin Australia
VX = Virgin America (until the single AS operating licence comes in ~ 2018)

And it does matter.

A long time ago on another website someone asked about VA1 which is SYD-LAX and was given advice relating to that flight etc when they meant VS1 (LHR-EWR). The advice was right for the flight asked for but wrong for what the person actually wanted.
#931386 by Hev60
14 Jan 2017, 19:34
gumshoe wrote:
However if you're a Flying Club member you can save your passport details in your profile, which should transfer across to your booking at check-in.

For the first time since the launch of the new website, I was just able to enter a new passort number on that FC profile page.

Up to now it has always come back "we are unable to save your changes" I had no problem entering mine which was stored somewhere in their computer system but my travel partner got a new passport in December and that has caused a problem up to today.

They must be gradually sorting out the IT issues - not before time.
#931405 by shaneg17
15 Jan 2017, 11:38
Haha I stand corrected on the VA/VS issue. I will obviously properly refer to Virgin Atlantic as VS from this day forth

On my booking screen it has words to the effect that secure data is on file. I haven't flown VS since renewing my passport though. I booked through NetFlights (hotel and flight deal) and at no point have I provided passport details etc. To them.

I'll ask my booking contact the question as I'd rather avoid any confusion as things get closer.

Thanks

Shane
#931408 by mitchja
15 Jan 2017, 12:04
Secure Flight info is the US pre-screening program and is just your full name, gender, date of birth along with your redress number or known traveller number (if you have either of those).

It basically allows the US Transport Security Administation (TSA) to check all passengers info against databases of no-fly passengers before they even fly, check-in or even get to the airport. That info is usually now collected and processed at the time of booking the flight to the USA.

APIS (Advance Passenger Information system) is the similar system, but is used by the US Customs and Boarder Protection (CBP).

This info has to be collected before or during physical airport check-in, which is why VS now ask for this info at the online check-in stage.

That info consists of full name, gender, date of birth, passport number, country of residence and the first nights accommodation info if traveling to the USA.
#931409 by sungod
15 Jan 2017, 12:27
on my current trip...

i'd already saved my passport info in my FC profile after the new website stumbled into existence

in 'manage my booking' i put the contact info, and tried to put US address in, but on clicking save only the contact info remained, the address fields returned to unfilled

on OLCI i found the passport info was not taken from my profile, it was all blank, nor, as expected, were the address details there
Virgin Atlantic