This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931634 by SlimpyJones
21 Jan 2017, 18:40
I've heard stories from CH staff of passengers for Lagos arriving at 6:30am. Counterwise I heard stories of LOS passengers ordering food 5 minutes before departure and finding themselves offloaded!
#931639 by tontybear
21 Jan 2017, 21:27
I think HoneyLamb had a very long stint in the CH once - not sure if planned or due to a flight delay.

Not something I would particularly plan to do myself.

It is possible that some passengers doing this aren't eligible to enter the UK so cant go landside and have a day in London or Windsor.

At lease this chap is in the CH. It would be another level of Dante's Inferno to be in this position in main departures!
#931642 by honey lamb
21 Jan 2017, 22:41
tontybear wrote:I think HoneyLamb had a very long stint in the CH once - not sure if planned or due to a flight delay

It was planned because the later flight from Cork would have been too risky. I was there from 9am for a 4pm flight but there was a guy who was there before me and was still there when I left :-O He had come in on an earlier flight from JFK and was traveling on that night to JNB
#931645 by Mr G
22 Jan 2017, 00:47
I must admit to being part of the 6hr gang, and have been know to do longer. I work ridiculous long, variable and often unsociable hours and if I have the luxury of a day off with an evening flight, then what better way to treat myself than The Clubhouse?!?! That's not me asking for or expecting sympathy by the way, but 6 hours at home pottering around and feeling guilty that I could be working or 6 hours of free food and drink with a treatment thrown in, and that becomes a no-brainer! I wonder if the CH staff would ever come refuse entry if you were too early and they were on the crowded/busy side? I'll be there next week, and just have to see what time to turn up without feeling guilty, ha ha.
#931647 by property1925
22 Jan 2017, 10:16
I'm the same as Mr G. Often on the HKG evening flight and if no-one is at home, I'll head to the CH for 9.00am, to do a days work being looked after!
#931655 by oldboy
22 Jan 2017, 13:37
Love the CH but 6 hours would be excessive for us. We normally arrive at check in approx 2.5 hours before departure so probably gives us 1.5 hours in the CH.
#931675 by Eggtastico
22 Jan 2017, 15:04
Maybe it was a connection?
I arrived at 4pm for a flight that eventually took of close 1am.
Already aware of the delay, but Why sit around in a hotel lobby?
#931688 by mikethe3rd
22 Jan 2017, 19:43
We were flying home from NYC on the VS10 last year and met someone at the bar who had a FlyerTalk logo stitched onto his shirt. I couldn't help but ask a few questions... He was travelling to Dubai with his mum and really wanted to try VS and experience the LHR CH. So he'd booked the VS10 which got us in just before 9am and then spent all day awaiting the VS400 that took off around 10pm :-O
#931689 by ColOrd
22 Jan 2017, 20:03
We went out on the VS11 at 1305 and were in the CH for it opening.

When I did the VS23 (1445 Departure) I was in the CH for 10.

With my mate on the 11, we easily killed time, breakfast, second breakfast, a game of pool, a shower, another game of pool, trying out the different seating areas, some duty free, a treatment or two, we weren't exactly first to board either and we could have spent easily another few hours in there.

My experience on the VS23 on my own, was equally as tranquil, the difference was as I was on my own I was more inclined to make friends with fellow travellers and sat at the bar for over an hour swapping stories with various passengers, and going through various bottles of Lanson.

I think it would take a long time to get bored in there!
Virgin Atlantic