This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931910 by Hev60
25 Jan 2017, 23:17
gumshoe wrote:You're a star marshy! Thanks for rectifying my technical buffoonery. And waves from Orlando!

The photographs worked fine on both my i-pad and i-phone, many great shots.
Now go and photograph something quite unique - blue sky, sunshine & some warmer weather!
#931917 by woralla
26 Jan 2017, 08:28
I'm in the new Clubhouse this morning. It is even better in person!

I'd guess its about twice the size of the old Clubhouse. It's spacious and should be light and airy once the sun comes up.

Many different zones, as previously mentioned, in keeping with the Clubhouses at LHR and JFK. The spa is tucked away a little more from the main lounge area so you shouldn't feel so self-conscious.

Lots of friendly staff, learning the ropes of the new space. But the service is very efficient; breakfast arrived within five minutes.

Off for a glass of champagne before my flight now.
#931918 by DragonLady
26 Jan 2017, 08:49
Smid wrote:
joeyc wrote:Thanks for the first look pics gumshoe, which services are offered in the spa there? Is there a hairdresser for example?

I don't think the VS Clubhouse in Gatwick spa has ever had haircuts on offer. Been flying Upper for over 7 years, might have been there before that, but not seen it in my time.

Back in the day they did :) ( they also offered proper back massages with essential oils too which were fabulous) . They were enhanced away.....

DL
#931919 by David
26 Jan 2017, 09:47
DragonLady wrote:
Smid wrote:
joeyc wrote:Thanks for the first look pics gumshoe, which services are offered in the spa there? Is there a hairdresser for example?

I don't think the VS Clubhouse in Gatwick spa has ever had haircuts on offer. Been flying Upper for over 7 years, might have been there before that, but not seen it in my time.

Back in the day they did :) ( they also offered proper back massages with essential oils too which were fabulous) . They were enhanced away.....

DL

Yup, I remember those days :-)

The red pillows, the IFBT's, the freedom menu etc .....
#931920 by woralla
26 Jan 2017, 09:59
And there aren't nearly enough power sockets which in 2017 is a bit of a fail (I've fed that back).

But worth noting that where there are power sockets they have two USB ports in the middle :-D
#931934 by marshy11
26 Jan 2017, 14:32
gumshoe wrote:You're a star marshy! Thanks for rectifying my technical buffoonery. And waves from Orlando!

Waves back from Cornwall :cool:

I don't think it was you, I think it's something with the iphone, it does it with mine too.....
#931936 by pjh
26 Jan 2017, 14:54
marshy11 wrote:

Waves back from Cornwall :cool:

I don't think it was you, I think it's something with the iphone, it does it with mine too.....

And mine...
#932060 by tomthumb
28 Jan 2017, 19:54
Thanks for sharing the pictures - now to get UC tickets!!!
#932061 by buns
28 Jan 2017, 20:14
Apologies for being late on parade here :blush:

Gumshoe

A huge thank you for the pictures and a flavour of what the new place is like - just like tomthumb, we are now on the verge of booking a trip so as to sample it ;-)

BTW - currently watching NFL Network who are covering the ProBowl in Orlando this weekend - :-O :-O Grey Skies :-O :-O

buns
#932068 by aldojani
28 Jan 2017, 21:28
. . . . those grey skies had better clear pronto ahead of our flight to MCO next Friday . . . can't wait to try out the new CH, last time i was there it was in the hands of the 'old foe'

:D

A
#932211 by gumshoe
02 Feb 2017, 17:23
If there are I didn't see them, the washrooms had 3 gents' and 4 ladies' loos and a disabled/family loo. Certainly no sign of showers in that area, unless they're elsewhere but I suspect not.
#932260 by gumshoe
03 Feb 2017, 17:00
They're not really needed at LGW are they, given that the vast majority of passengers will have just got up and come straight from home or a hotel.

At LHR they're more useful, particularly for later flights where a fair proportion of passengers will have come straight from work or off another flight.
Virgin Atlantic