This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#931913 by mswadley
26 Jan 2017, 01:09
I booked a holiday to Antigua on Monday this week with VH in their sale. Pretty good deal and PE flights secured.
It's the first time I've used VH before although we usually fly VS - in PE with CC upgrade vouchers or Gs if available.
Looks like I'll get a heap of FC miles using my Black cc and silver bonus and 4 of us flying with 3 collecting miles. :-D

Was looking forward to trying the brand new V-Lounge in the North Terminal although it was yet to open when I made the booking.
Have since tried to book, only to be told when I go in the 1st week of August it's fully booked! What!! Really?
7 months before travelling?! >-( >-(
We can use the No 1 Lounge with our PPs but seems crazy it's fully booked that far out. Whats the point?
Assume you can't pay to use the LGW Clubhouse?
#931914 by gumshoe
26 Jan 2017, 02:21
Wouldn't surprise me to be honest - that's pretty much the busiest week of the year for LGW with lots and lots of families off on holiday.

It always used to be the case that PE passengers could pay to enter the Clubhouse if it wasn't too busy. Whether that's still the case with the new Clubhouse I don't know. It got pretty busy this morning even though there were only 3 VS flights. On peak summer days there are 7 so it would get very crowded if they allowed PE passengers to pay to enter. But who knows.
#931915 by tontybear
26 Jan 2017, 04:06
The V-room has always been on a space available basis. It is not dependent on cabin class. if it's full then it's full even several months out.

If you have booked a package via VH then you can book the CH via VH but again it is on a space available basis. Whether you think the cost is worth it or not is down to you.
#931916 by mitchja
26 Jan 2017, 06:02
V Hols where also running a promo up to a couple of weeks ago where all holidays booked over the Christmas/New Year period included free access to the V:Room at either LGW or MAN, so that's probably also not helped things either.

I even had V:Room access added to my booking and I fly from LHR as I booked a Miami fly-drive, so I'm not really sure how I'm going to manage a visit to a V:Room whilst at LHR???
#932103 by vmike
29 Jan 2017, 21:11
Hello again to the good people of V-Flyer. It has been some time since i posted so i trust and hope i find you all well.

Mrs vmike and i have yet again booked our Carribean expedition to Grenada this year having been briefly distracted by Barbados last year. We have settled into a pattern now of day flight out in PE and UC return which works well for us. The only miniscule fly in the ointment would be that when we book the V-room going out there was no complementary drinks. I am encouraged to say that for our latest forage in Sept in was possible to book V-Room Plus which includes complimentary wines, beers and spirits. Has anyone had experience of this new service? Are drinks limited? I assume they wont be hand poured by ones own measure >-( :D . Is there a seperate area ....they surely will not fit you with an armband for a couple of hours :D Thanks Mike
#932139 by cheesebag
31 Jan 2017, 12:28
vmike wrote:Hello again to the good people of V-Flyer. It has been some time since i posted so i trust and hope i find you all well.

Mrs vmike and i have yet again booked our Carribean expedition to Grenada this year having been briefly distracted by Barbados last year. We have settled into a pattern now of day flight out in PE and UC return which works well for us. The only miniscule fly in the ointment would be that when we book the V-room going out there was no complementary drinks. I am encouraged to say that for our latest forage in Sept in was possible to book V-Room Plus which includes complimentary wines, beers and spirits. Has anyone had experience of this new service? Are drinks limited? I assume they wont be hand poured by ones own measure >-( :D . Is there a seperate area ....they surely will not fit you with an armband for a couple of hours :D Thanks Mike

I'm in the V Holiday room for Cancun on April 8th... I've paid for the drinks option... I'm keen to know too
Virgin Atlantic