This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932749 by Lonemorf
15 Feb 2017, 23:15
TMK, If you enrol in GE, you get TSA Pre as part and parcel (I did anyway).
Also, in reference to my posts above about having to leave my non GE/TSApre travel companion to face the normal queues, it appears that because I am TSA Pre, and he was on the same booking - he got TSA Pre too - which was rather handy!
#932819 by AlanA
18 Feb 2017, 17:09
Last August, flying code share BA/AA out of dub-phl-MCO then back MCO-ORD-dub, in business, all three of us got pre RSA check on all flights in and out of USA, and we don't have global entry. No fingerprints taken, no belts and shoes off, civilised travelling.
#932823 by tontybear
18 Feb 2017, 19:50
AlanA wrote:Last August, flying code share BA/AA out of dub-phl-MCO then back MCO-ORD-dub, in business, all three of us got pre RSA check on all flights in and out of USA, and we don't have global entry. No fingerprints taken, no belts and shoes off, civilised travelling.

TSA don't take finger prints. That's CBP on arrival in to the US (or DUB pre clearance)

Likely you got it based on your risk profile - likely from previous trips.

TSA have stopped the 'freebie' offer now though.
#932833 by LovingGold
18 Feb 2017, 23:42
I come thru BOS last week. As we know, no TSAPre, however, when I showed my passport and boarding card, the very kind man from the TSA stamped my boarding card with a big red "TSA EXPEDITED".
He went on to explain that I could leave my shoes on and my all my items in my bag, bar liquids.
Sure enough, as I approached the scanner, showed my nice red print and was passed thru the old fashioned scanner on the left with boots firmly on my feet, laptop and ipad in backpack!!
Nice.
#932834 by LovingGold
18 Feb 2017, 23:59
Lonemorf wrote:TMK, If you enrol in GE, you get TSA Pre as part and parcel (I did anyway).
Also, in reference to my posts above about having to leave my non GE/TSApre travel companion to face the normal queues, it appears that because I am TSA Pre, and he was on the same booking - he got TSA Pre too - which was rather handy!

That is interesting. How old is your son if you don't mind me asking? I have had had three incidents in the last month where fellow pax, twice on the same booking, lead to my boarding card having the TSAPre removed and that was two different airlines. One was Delta, the other was AA.
Virgin Atlantic