This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932039 by chocksaway
28 Jan 2017, 14:57
Just logged into My Booking and there is a different style seat map (same plane though). They had moved our seats around & split two of us up. A very quick call to virgin & all is well again. Just a heads up in case anyone else has been moved.
#932073 by DocRo
29 Jan 2017, 01:27
I've been keeping an eye on our flights too. No change yet, still showing 1-1-1 layout SFO-MAN in July. Seems likely this will change due to the late start of the refit
Are you guys who had the changes flying sooner than that and which routes are you on?
#932093 by maz
29 Jan 2017, 15:20
It happened to us on our SF flight. Different plane so they just kind of changed our seats. Fortunately I could change them back but glad I noticed. Not the first time they have done it.
#932114 by lorelai
30 Jan 2017, 12:13
Thank you for posting about this, I just checked and ours has now changed to 1-2-1. We were all originally booked into G and K seats, but for some reason it decided to boot my mum over to a D seat, so I'm so grateful that you mentioned it as I've been able to sort it out and put us all back together again (with more K seats, and just the one G seat, we'll have a fight as to who has to sit in that one). :D

Lorelai
#943799 by virginjudy
22 May 2018, 22:09
lorelai wrote:Thank you for posting about this, I just checked and ours has now changed to 1-2-1. We were all originally booked into G and K seats, but for some reason it decided to boot my mum over to a D seat, so I'm so grateful that you mentioned it as I've been able to sort it out and put us all back together again (with more K seats, and just the one G seat, we'll have a fight as to who has to sit in that one). :D

Lorelai

Jus a WORD to the WISE: Check your res every month, 3 months out check it every week, 1 week out check it every day. This applies to all airlines flying anywhere. If "the computer" sees a few minute schedule change, it might just go in and reassign seats. Nobody seems to know why if the equipment hasn't changed. But it happens. Catching it early allows you to fix it easily.
Virgin Atlantic