This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932121 by Mr G
30 Jan 2017, 16:07
Afternoon all. Just back from a trip LHR/DXB which although flying on a v-hols package and therefore on a deep-discounted economy ticket, and including the Au tier bonus, I've only received 2722 miles. "Hold on, what? That's obviously not right" says Mr G to himself... "I've been on v-flyer for a little while now, and think I know a trick or two.. I'll have a look online and see if I can work it out"

Quick call to FC, and oh yes, Sorry Mr G, it is correct. It's part of the new earning table, basically fly discounted economy as a red member earn half the usual miles flown, and work your way up from there... Silly old virgin website though, (post update, mind you) is wrong and the mileage earning table is incorrect. They've only gone and managed to put a lovely new table in (well done, team), list cabin and ticket bucket bonuses (gosh they're getting quite good at this, maybe a Christmas bonus might be on the cards) and then put the wrong number of miles in (hoorah, back to good old Virgin as we know and love them, phew!). However, as I've pointed it out to them, and have screen shots they have agreed to credit me the displayed 3403 miles, and Au bonuses as appropriate. Whilst this is a good result for me, I urge all of you for whom miles earned (as opposed to tier points) is important and check you have been credited correctly. Sadly of course, this will affect all future earnings too. I must say I was dealt with very efficiently via the chap in the call centre whilst he had to go away and work out what was going on. Again, another example of the front line staff being a credit to the company whilst the middle management and bean counters slowly pull it apart from the inside.

In other news, the short break in DXB was too short, but a lovely time was had by all.

Mr G.
#932141 by Mr G
31 Jan 2017, 13:54
It seems I was involved in a bit of a double whammy, although it's great that it's been fully resolved. I was awarded the 2722 as a total, AND the website didn't clearly list (at the time of booking/checking/querying) that the 3403 was for a return trip - although of course it does now. I'm usually the first to admit I'm wrong (or even could be wrong) and completely understand if I've made an error and misunderstood something; but the fact that VS checked the situation, replied and compensated within 15 minutes suggests it was nice to be potentially right this one time! I've queried stuff with them in the past and been wrong - I once paid a cash upgrade during OLCI for a DL flight, and when I asked about the enhanced tier points and mileage earning was told that cash upgrades at OLCI are except from additional earning (it was buried in the Ts and Cs) I had to let it go and put it down to experience. Guess it proves its good to query things if you're confused/unsure/didn't get what you were expecting.
#932151 by ColOrd
31 Jan 2017, 20:46
Just a point on miles being out - mine have been in an absolute mess these last few weeks.

I have had a couple of Hotels stays for which I should have got Shops Away spend, plus miles through Hilton Honors, but only half of the miles have credited, some Shops Away have been cancelled and removed - but the amount shown on my statement was different to how many they took. My VA Credit Card shows as crediting 2600 miles, but was only 1099 on my MBNA statement. When I look at it on the app or the Summary page of the website it shows 2600, but then when I go into it it shows 1099. BUT they added 2600, so I really have no idea where I currently am!