This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932154 by Kraken
31 Jan 2017, 23:24
If Airfleets.net is to be believed, VS still have 7 active A346's - that's a lot of planes for them to park up at Heathrow where they only have a relatively small maintenance facility. Not like they have the huge "over the old road" maintenance facility that BA have [which BA quite probably own] where they can park up planes very cheaply / FoC.

Sure, we are looking at a day in very low season when loads will doubtless be low, so it makes sense to deploy your smaller, newer & more efficient aircraft. I do wonder where they parked up those A346's though (if they were indeed all at Heathrow).
#932168 by Richie
01 Feb 2017, 10:09
VS currently have 8 600s, one is parked in Lourdes (G-VWIN) indefinitely and one is in Manila on Maintenance (G-VFIZ) for its 3 year check and new Y class seat fit. VS also has G-VSXY and G-VROS in china. One on refit and one on WIFI fitting respectively. As winter is quieter I imagine the 600s will be the last aircraft to be used.
#932170 by SlimpyJones
01 Feb 2017, 10:50
Richie wrote:VS currently have 8 600s, one is parked in Lourdes (G-VWIN) indefinitely and one is in Manila on Maintenance (G-VFIZ) for its 3 year check and new Y class seat fit. VS also has G-VSXY and G-VROS in china. One on refit and one on WIFI fitting respectively. As winter is quieter I imagine the 600s will be the last aircraft to be used.

That's interesting to know, thanks!
#932188 by RLF
01 Feb 2017, 19:29
gumshoe wrote:I think G-VRED is operating the Lagos VS651 tonight but it's certainly a very quiet day for VS.

According to Status updates it was VRAY on the 651. The 651 is rarely not operated by a 346, I suspect because of cargo loads
#932191 by nkp85uk
02 Feb 2017, 11:04
Richie wrote:VS currently have 8 600s, one is parked in Lourdes (G-VWIN) indefinitely and one is in Manila on Maintenance (G-VFIZ) for its 3 year check and new Y class seat fit. VS also has G-VSXY and G-VROS in china. One on refit and one on WIFI fitting respectively. As winter is quieter I imagine the 600s will be the last aircraft to be used.

What's the extent of G-VROS's refit, is it just the Economy seating? Is this because they're adding USB at-seat-power?

Thanks
#932192 by Smid
02 Feb 2017, 11:50
cheesebag wrote:As per other thread... Both my JFK legs next December are currently scheduled on a 346

Given the time changes and equipment changes I've seen in the last three weeks, it will be changing to A330, B737, A330 (new config), A330 (old config), change time forward 5 minutes, back a day, back 20 minutes, change to Delta metal, change back a day (after you've rebooked it back to normal day), and that's February covered.
Virgin Atlantic