This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932291 by SlimpyJones
04 Feb 2017, 09:27
Morning all,

After nearly four hours of trains and rail replacement buses I am in the safe haven with breakfast and herbal tea on order.

The new lounge is a delight, the staff equally so. They really are a credit to the airline.
Only one hiccup thus far, I am travelling with family to MCO today and mum's national express bus has broken down!

I have some pictures of the new Checkin area and lounge... Unfortunately they'll have to wait until my TR as the file size is too big! :blush:
#932292 by hiljil
04 Feb 2017, 09:32
Good morning. Enjoy the CH & have a good flight & great time in Florida.

Hope the bus problem is soon resolved ! :-O
#932295 by pjh
04 Feb 2017, 09:49
SlimpyJones wrote:Morning all,

After nearly four hours of trains and rail replacement buses I am in the safe haven with breakfast and herbal tea on order.

The new lounge is a delight, the staff equally so. They really are a credit to the airline.
Only one hiccup thus far, I am travelling with family to MCO today and mum's national express bus has broken down!

I have some pictures of the new Checkin area and lounge... Unfortunately they'll have to wait until my TR as the file size is too big! :blush:

Have a great time.

We too have it the "bus to Hitchin" problem today so off to Cambridge to get to Kings Cross. Hope you mum's bus gets fixed soon.

For the photos try the PhotoShrinker App or an equivalent..
#932296 by TimCrawley
04 Feb 2017, 09:53
That 4 hour journey sounds a bit tough at this time of day - but at least you have the lovely new CH to recover in.

Hope your Mum makes it in time to enjoy the CH too before the flight - have a great trip!

Dicky seems to be testing even his own legendary patience at 20 hours travel time but maybe that includes 17 hours 'contingency' time lounging in the CH?
#932297 by buns
04 Feb 2017, 10:19
So glad the new Clubhouse and staff are as good as they always have been

Hearing of your journey makes me grateful I live so close (still does not stop me leaving extra early as the other day the M23 was closed and there was traffic chaos as a result)

Enjoy the rest of your stay at the Clubhouse and hope the remainder of your party arrive soon to equally enjoy the new surroundings

buns
#932303 by SlimpyJones
04 Feb 2017, 11:16
Thanks for the comments all, Mum has arrived so not too much of a delay! Alas the rest of my party are in Y & PE so I'll have to make a few reluctant trips to the departures area to say hello... Haha.

Clubhouse continues to be a wonderful haven, I'm booked in for a facial in lieu of a haircut and the skies and rain have cleared so the views of the tarmac are back!

ANU has just been called so its thinned out a little.
#932307 by mallin
04 Feb 2017, 13:07
Have a wonderful holiday, mind you as you say sun is actually shining today. No 2 son was going to visit this weekend from London but noticed there was rail works its from Hitchin with buses to all stations enroute to Peterborough for two weekends by the way. So has delayed his visit till sometime in March now.

Like Dicky we always travel night before even with a late afternoon departure, its actually less stress for us. Linda
#932310 by SlimpyJones
04 Feb 2017, 13:53
Thanks Linda, I will almost certainly be doing that in future!!

Indeed a friend of mine has also had to avoid the train works and go from Cambridge instead. Shame that your son has needed to delay his visit.

I'm now fully absconded aboard Barbarella, we've not even taken off and I have a feeling it's going to be a good flight. One nice surprise so far from the FSM which I will detail in my TR!
Virgin Atlantic