This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932449 by mikethe3rd
09 Feb 2017, 04:28
Slowly finishing up some work before heading off to JFK later today. I'm on the VS9 which has been delayed from 16:00 to 18:00. Looks like the VS3 has been cancelled but all other flights to NYC are currently running with a two hour delay. The Boston VS11 has been cancelled, too.

Hopefully we'll get off the ground at some point today. Good luck to anyone else heading to the East coast. The AccuWeather hourly report has a temperature of -8 for our new arrival time. Their RealFeel / Chill Factor feature is suggesting -23. :-O

Happy to guest two people into the CH should you also be on the VS9.

Thankfully only in the cold for a few nights before heading down to Dallas. A couple of nights there and then we're visiting a friend in Phoenix before finishing up in LA. All booked before the UC mileage hike and now I only have 90,000 left in the bank :-( .
#932452 by pjh
09 Feb 2017, 08:16
Early to the CH for a 4pm flight... :) .

Here's hoping the delays are kept to a minimum and don't transform into cancellations or other nasties.

I think the theme of the day would now be "pace".
#932457 by mitchja
09 Feb 2017, 09:42
Good luck with the flight and US weather.

VS have issued another weather related fare change fee waiver for all East Coast US routes for today.
#932465 by Stevieboy
09 Feb 2017, 14:06
I was originally on today's VS003 but luckily I had to move it back a day due to work commitments. Hopefully a normal service will resume tomorrow.

-Steve
#932474 by mikethe3rd
09 Feb 2017, 17:28
Hello from the CH!

Hair chop booked in 5 minutes.

Rather annoyingly, they switched the 340 for the 330 and with it came a new seat assignment. I'm in 2K and the OH in 1A. Not the end of the world, but this is the third time we've been hit like this.

At least we should be taking off - as I type this I see a Tweet referencing a ground stop at JFK. Many hours away from landing so hopefully this should have no effect.
#932475 by mikethe3rd
09 Feb 2017, 18:47
Still awaiting a boarding announcement but they have thankfully changed my seat to 2A.
Virgin Atlantic