This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932568 by buddyfan
11 Feb 2017, 16:19
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Apart from the January Virgin flight sales, are there any other sales during the year? I'm waiting for March 2018 flights to be released and wondering if it is worth trying to wait for other sales before booking Barbados PE flights.

Also, is there somewhere I can find out what the different booking class letters mean?
#932576 by tontybear
11 Feb 2017, 18:51
Sales happen when they happen.

When they do they don't always include every route, cabin class or date.
#932578 by buns
11 Feb 2017, 19:49
Hi and welcome to V Flyer

As Easter falls on April 1st next year, it is likely that some of March will fall in to prime season and therefore not attract any discount should sales occur (usually following British Airways announcing one :-D )

Furthermore, Barbados is a Virgin Holiday destination and I would suspect much of their allocation for March may well have been taken.

The constant advice on V Flyer is that if you get a price that you are happy, then book it and don't look back!!

One tip about fares being realised - on the exact date of the 11th month window, prices are artificially high, the next day they go down to normal levels.

buns
#933772 by buddyfan
25 Mar 2017, 11:05
Hi buns,
I don't really understand the post that says prices drop on the 11th month anniversary. As far as I can see, flights aren't released at all until after 11th month. Eg today (25th march) flights are only available up to 19th Feb. Is there somewhere else I can find the flights?
Virgin Atlantic