This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932625 by jh71283
12 Feb 2017, 20:15
Hello

Having previously flown PE from Gatwick, we enjoyed the little perks like twilight checkin, and the Premier security service.

However, we are flying from MAN in a month or so, and I know they do not offer twilight checkin at MAN, but from what I can see they also do not offer the security Fast Track at MAN for PE passengers. Is this correct?

If so it definitely seems to be a second-rate PE experience at MAN compared to LGW.
#932630 by Kraken
12 Feb 2017, 21:28
I don't believe that PE pax get priority security [or Priority Lane] as it's called at Manchester.

Back in November I travelled with a friend who was in PE (I was in Upper). We both checked in at the UC desk and I indicated that I would be taking him into the Escape Lounge as my guest. The check in agent then said [to my friend] something along the lines of "as you are with Mr Kraken, I'll sticker your boarding pass for Priority Lane security".

TBH, the Priority Lane security at Manchester is *very* hit & miss, particularly at off-peak times. At off-peak times, the special assistance lane & Priority Lane queues both merge at the front to use the same security screening lane. You, therefore have potentially lots of special assistance lane passengers who take longer to screen holding up Priority Lane passengers. The normal security queue can be - and often is - quicker.

In November the above scenario happened [yet again], Priority Lane passengers waiting behind special assistance ones when the normal screening lanes were all but clear. Thankfully the staff member at the front of the normal security queue noticed this and invited Priority Lane passengers to use other screening lanes.

On the flip side, at peak times, Manchester Airport tend to keep the special assistance & Priority Lane queues totally separate - no merging them at the front. About 2.5yrs ago I flew out of T1 on Emirates at the height of the school summer holidays in August. At about 7am the queue for security was snaking out of the check-in area into the drop-off area outside. I was in Business Class so got Priority Lane access & was through in under 5mins... the normal queue wait time for security was estimated to be 90mins.
#932635 by mitchja
12 Feb 2017, 22:47
It's been a year or so since I used T2, but certainly in T3 at MAN, push-chair users are also sent through the Priority lanes which also slows things down too.

Last time I went through T2 (on the VS flight) the normal security was pretty easy and fast moving anyway.
#932728 by johnbol1
14 Feb 2017, 23:23
Having flown Man to MCO many times, I have noticed Fast Track through security is no longer part of the "PE" ticket.
Pre purchase is required and checked upon by staff at the security gate. One annoying thing is, we flew Jan 12th and a security guy was stood at the fats track lane just automatically pointing everyone to the normal lanes, without even asking if they were Fast Track, my wife felt awkward as I lifted the barrier down the front and moved over, then passed through having shown out FT passes.

We then flew again on 2nd feb, same thing happened with the guy pointing everyone down to the standard lanes, I politely told him he should ask or it assume.