This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932655 by Gavla
13 Feb 2017, 13:30
Hello, well informed V-Flyers,

We've booked a VH package (including UC flights) to Cuba flying outbound to HAV on 07/09/17, inbound from VRA on 17/09/17. I logged on yesterday to choose my seats and was shocked to discover there is a change to my schedule and I'm now returning from Havana on 18/09/17. I performed a dummy booking to discover there are no flights from VRA on 17/09/17. I've not received any notification from VH or VS and attempted to contact VH but to no avail. I guess I'll need to visit a VH store.
Can anyone advise whether VH are obliged to pay for the extra night in Cuba?

Thank you in advance for your responses,
Gavla
Last edited by Gavla on 13 Feb 2017, 19:45, edited 5 times in total.
#932658 by tontybear
13 Feb 2017, 14:12
As this is a V Holidays booking they are responsible for informing you and doing any rebooking

No they are not liable for paying for an extra nights hotel.
#932661 by sungod
13 Feb 2017, 14:57
if this is for a package holiday booked with VH (there's no point contacting VS if you booked with VH), if the delay happens at short notice or once you're already on holiday, it's the package operator's responsibility (not the airline's) to look after you

but as this is over six months in the future, i think VH can simply say 'this is it', and offer the option to pay for an extra night or accept a refund, though whether VH would do it this way is another matter

presumably VH is looking at the situation with VS, and will contact people with affected bookings at some point to explain and give the options they eventually decide on

no harm contacting them direct to ask what's happening, but they may simply say 'wait', and if you push it the only available option they have may be refund

but with over 6 months, it could still change again

another thing to bear in mind, if a flight has been cancelled, UC on the later flight(s) might become overbooked, resulting in involuntary downgrades for some pax, tbh i'd be more concerned about this than the extra night!
#932665 by Gavla
13 Feb 2017, 17:24
Thank you sungod, most informative.
Unfortunately I'm presenting at a major conference the day after our initial arrival date hence it is imperative I return on time. I will continue to attempt to contact them.
#932666 by MoJoJo
13 Feb 2017, 17:38
The VRA schedule has been changing a bit since December as they are moving the flight to a Saturday in November. There was just a couple of weeks in October with no flight but it now looks like September has changed too with only a couple of flights the whole month. I'm booked on one of the remaining October flights so hopefully if that's going to be cancelled they do it soon so I can make sure I get a UC seat on the HAV a day later

As has been said though for a VH package you need to contact them not VS. Good luck!
#932667 by Gavla
13 Feb 2017, 17:57
Thank you Mojo for the schedule info.
I've finally gained contact with VH - they had no idea of any schedule change, will be liaising with VS and contacting me in due course. I'm hoping they can resolve things as it's our honeymoon. There is some fortune - the newly changed returned flights have automatically allocated us our favourite seats 6A & K!
#932768 by marshy11
16 Feb 2017, 15:44
Gavla wrote:Update:
VH contacted me and, without protest, they have offered me an extra night for free! Quids in!

What a wonderful start to married life. Congratulations on both fronts.
#932785 by hiljil
16 Feb 2017, 18:58
Really pleased for you . Have a great trip & wonderful future together.
Virgin Atlantic