This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932680 by ncgardner
13 Feb 2017, 23:01
Ok, so I've noticed a number of posters note that it is often possible to book a VS metal route cheaper if booked through Delta / as a DL ticket. Before today I'd not seen this on routes I normally book, but today I did get a 4 segment route appear cheaper if booked DL. Two legs were VS metal transatlantic, and 2 continental US DL legs.

Booking all legs DL was several hundred £ cheaper than booking on VS tickets.

So, the question I have, never having done this, is what Au benefits do I get on VS metal when travelling with DL tickets? On the VS metal legs, do I still get Virgin clubhouse access travelling PE? Do I get the additional baggage allowance? Or do I lose my Au benefits.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks, Neil
#932681 by gumshoe
13 Feb 2017, 23:04
If you're Au travelling on VS metal you get the same Au benefits regardless of who you booked with. So yes to the Clubhouse and yes to Au baggage allowance.

DL are simply acting as a ticketing agent for VS, just like Expedia or your local travel agent.

The only thing to bear in mind is if you need to make any changes, or if VS cancel or reschedule your flights, it is DL you must deal with. But that shouldn't be a problem.