This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932873 by getinjonathan
20 Feb 2017, 01:43
Had the pleasure of passing through the clubhouse on Saturday.

Spa is now closed. The new tv viewing area has moved and will take up residence in spa area over the coming months.

There are 4 new toilets near the pool area.

Brasserie looks awesome, such a great use of the space. It was quiet for once on Saturday so it's barely in use.

[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img921/8356/mCHNdk.jpg

#932876 by TimCrawley
20 Feb 2017, 03:06
Thanks for posting the pics, will be making my first visit there in quite some years on 21/03 (fairly glued to LGW / BRU / FRA / CDG and AMS these days) so it's nice to see the changes in progress - normally they hoped to be finished by the end of March so maybe I'll see the 'finished article'?
#932887 by Mr G
20 Feb 2017, 12:30
When you say the spa is closed, do you mean totally closed and therefore no treatments available? Just planning ahead as I was rather hoping to squeeze in a haircut when I'm there next week! Seems a bit remiss if VS are removing (albeit temporarily) one of the perks of being in the clubhouse.
#932902 by DragonLady
20 Feb 2017, 16:29
SlimpyJones wrote:I'm sure I recall from speaking to the spa staff (i.e. staff for haircut, treatments, etc) that it will remain open throughout...

It is - its just the Jacuzzi etc that's gone. I was there on Thursday and personally loathe the new layout.Lots of tables and chairs. It reminds me of my boarding school dining room :(
IMHO the CH has now lost its intimacy ( which made it feel special). The DL tie up has had (for me ) a majorly negative effect.

DL
#932905 by getinjonathan
20 Feb 2017, 17:07
SINCERE APOLOGIES.

I imagine I've sent some of you into a frenzy. Yes, jacuzzi, sauna, steam only. The new media room will be built where these once were.

I had a little look and that jacuzzi I didn't use once in 9 years is now empty.
#932916 by kayzers
20 Feb 2017, 22:52
Thanks for the pictures. You certainly sent me into a big of a panic worrying the spa was closed in the CH! i am off to the CH for the first time in a couple of weeks and I had my heart set on a spa treatment. I did in fact tweet VS on Twitter about it 3x today but they haven't answered >-( At least now I know....
Virgin Atlantic