This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932949 by Kraken
21 Feb 2017, 19:36
Someone tell me I am not going mad... please! Before the IT upgrade, the FC website said I had renewed Silver status after my return from Orlando in September.

Logged on to FC and they have dropped me to Red level. Phoned the call centre & the guy said not enough TP's earned - how I wish I had taken a screenshot now!

My FC year ended on 01/17. In Dec 15 I made a return UC flight to Orlando (so 5TP's each way on the old system). Same in Sept 16 (so again 5TP's each way). Given that TP's are valid for up to 12 months from earning date, I had reached the old requirement of 20TP's in a rolling 13month period, yes?

Dec 15 - 10TP's (valid until end Nov 16)
Sept 16 - 10TP's - so have hit 20 in the rolling period.
#932952 by daviis
21 Feb 2017, 22:19
You should have got an email when your status renewed also shouldn't it show on your activity ?
#932954 by Kraken
21 Feb 2017, 23:24
No email on status renewal (or I have deleted it in error!) As to viewing your flying club history on the new website - that is a complete joke as the website is still "in need of development" where my FC account is concerned. No matter what options I choose it will only display me 3 pages of 10 transactions & as I have reward bookings made / cancelled / VS credit card points / Tesco Clubcard points credits, it will not go back far enough.

Just to add, I am 99.99% sure the Silver renewal showed on the old website (pre-IT upgrade) not long after I returned from Florida in September. I remember when I got my new FC card with the new number on I posted on here saying "what's the point of sending a new card that's valid for about 6 weeks?" (As did others - some who got new cards that expired in less than a month).
#932957 by mitchja
21 Feb 2017, 23:44
I might be wrong here, but I thought you did have to always earn the minimum tier points to maintain status within your 12 month membership year i.e. on the old system earn 20 TP's for Silver (or 40 for Gold) in your actual 12 month membership year?

Don't the tier points from previous flights taken within the last rolling 12 months only count towards upgrading your status but not maintaining it?

Edit to add - from the VS website:

Once you are a Silver member you’ll remain in Silver provided you earn a minimum of 400 tier points within our Upgraded Fixed Membership Period. This period is calculated from one day after the date on which you achieved Silver and continues for the remainder of that month plus a further 12 months.

To remain in Silver for another Fixed Membership Period, you will need to earn a minimum of 400 tier points in each Renewal Fixed Membership Period. You will have the full 12 calendar months to retain your Silver membership status.

Whist the above refers to the new system, it was exactly the same on the old system as well.

Your membership year is fixed so I think what I've said above is correct and why the 10 TP's you earned in Dec 15 are not counted towards your Silver renewal.