This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933009 by CommanderB
24 Feb 2017, 10:26
I posted this on FT yesterday... no replies yet, so thought i'd see if V-Flyer had any knowledge FT doesn't!

Does anyone have any insight into how these codes correspond with the Virgin fare buckets...?

With the simple ones, its easy to see that the first letter of the code (usually when its 4 digits) is the standard Virgin fare bucket.. like J, I W etc.

But I'm booking a JFK flight at the moment and it comes out as NLA4SDMG. Saturday - Saturday stay 11th/18th March.

I want to know what TPs that will earn but these codes are not easy to work out.

Looking on the DL website doesn't help either, as Delta shows it as Premium Economy (W) but I know full well it is not selling a full W fare, its just showing that as its the only fare DL have and it will therefore dump into one of the lower VS fare buckets once its actually booked.

Anybody else feel like pulling their hair out with this...?

So... I booked this flight and it booked into the K fare bucket. (I expected K or H). But obviously the DL Fare code above had no resemblance of that at all.

There doesn't seem to be a reliable way of viewing the VS selling bucket through the new website pre booking at the moment, unless I am missing something?
#933013 by SlimpyJones
24 Feb 2017, 11:21
Yeah, the new fare codes on the VS website are very tricky to understand. You can see them by clicking "Fare breakdown" in the flight summary. The main part of it is the first letter, as that corresponds with the advertised fare codes, (K, H, S, W in Premium and so on) but I haven't a clue what the rest of them mean.

There is another thread here about booking PE on DL and how W isn't the same as VS W and so on. It's certainly entering confusing territory!
#933014 by sungod
24 Feb 2017, 11:33
this is the current expertflyer code list for DL and VS, it's clearly wrong though!

Code: Select allcode   DL   ----   VS
A   FIRST CLASS   ----   NOT USED
B   COACH   ----   ECONOMY DISCOUNTED (100% MILEAGE EARNING)
C   BUSINESS CLASS   ----   NOT USED
D   BUSINESS CLASS   ----   UPPER CLASS DISCOUNTED (INCLUDES LIMO) (200% MILEAGE EARNING)
E   ECONOMY   ----   STAFF TRAVEL
F   FIRST CLASS   ----   NOT USED
G   FIRST   ----   Upper Class - Award
H   COACH   ----   PREMIUM ECONOMY VIRGIN HOLIDAYS (125% MILEAGE EARNING)
I   BUSINESS   ----   NOT USED
J   BUSINESS   ----   UPPER CLASS FULL FARE (INCLUDES LIMO) (200% MILEAGE EARNING)
K   COACH   ----   PREMIUM ECONOMY APEX (125% MILEAGE EARNING)
L   COACH   ----   ECONOMY (100% MILEAGE EARNING)
M   COACH   ----   ECONOMY DISCOUNTED (100% MILEAGE EARNING)
N   Economy - Saver Level 1/Partner Award   ----   ECONOMY STUDENT (100% MILEAGE EARNING ON CPT, DEL, JNB, LOS, PHC
O   Business - Saver Level 1/Partner Award   ----   DISCOUNT ECONOMY (50% MILEAGE EARNING)
P   FIRST CLASS   ----   Premium Economy - Award
Q   COACH   ----   ECONOMY DISCOUNTED (100% MILEAGE EARNING)
R   First - Saver Level 1/Partner Award   ----   UPPER CLASS APEX (INCLUDES LIMO) (150% MILEAGE EARNING)
S   ECONOMY   ----   PREMIUM ECONOMY DISCOUNTED (150% MILEAGE EARNING)
T   ECONOMY   ----   Economy - Award
U   ECONOMY   ----   ECONOMY
V   ECONOMY   ----   ECONOMY VIRGIN HOLIDAYS (50% MILEAGE EARNING)
W   PREM ECONOMY CLASS   ----   PREMIUM ECONOMY FULL FARE (150% MILEAGE EARNING)
X   ECONOMY   ----   ECONOMY MEGASAVER (50% MILEAGE EARNING)
Y   COACH   ----   ECONOMY FULL FARE (100% MILEAGE EARNING)
Z   BUSINESS   ----   UPPER CLASS APEX (NO LIMO) (150% MILEAGE EARNING)
#933020 by CommanderB
24 Feb 2017, 13:23
Thanks guys.

But yeah, expert flyer is currently wrong.

And in my scenario where the fare code was NLA4SDMG... it booked into VS K when I actually booked it. Until then, I also thought that the first letter defined the VS bucket... but now thats been proven wrong.

Sigh.