This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933086 by sythe20
26 Feb 2017, 06:46
Hello,

Has anyone had any experience of collecting miles through V Hols? I'm just wondering when the miles are meant to credit - after booking, sometime between or after you've taken the holiday? I believe it's 2 miles per £ spent.

:D
#933087 by CHill710
26 Feb 2017, 07:03
They should post after your departure date
#933113 by vmike
26 Feb 2017, 23:24
I must say i am a little bit confused by the last few posts. Surely the amount of miles you get is dependant on the flight you take and the class of ticket (even through VH). My last trip through VH was Barbados out PE (K ticket) return UC ( i ticket) . So a trip of 4200mls each way returned 11500 miles per passenger with FC (red) . According to the ticketing tools available on this site (and my GCE maths :blush: ) thats exactly correct.

I paid a very reasonable £4400 for the whole holiday(2 people) including AI Hotel and EU Dublin connectors.

I am probably missing something here so please feel free to keep me right.
#933114 by Penny_L
26 Feb 2017, 23:45
vmike wrote:I must say i am a little bit confused by the last few posts. Surely the amount of miles you get is dependant on the flight you take and the class of ticket (even through VH). My last trip through VH was Barbados out PE (K ticket) return UC ( i ticket) . So a trip of 4200mls each way returned 11500 miles per passenger with FC (red) . According to the ticketing tools available on this site (and my GCE maths :blush: ) thats exactly correct.

I paid a very reasonable £4400 for the whole holiday(2 people) including AI Hotel and EU Dublin connectors.

I am probably missing something here so please feel free to keep me right.


http://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/fly ... idays.html
#933115 by CHill710
26 Feb 2017, 23:49
You should also receive miles for the booking with VH so you should have received the miles for the flight and an additional 1 mile per £ from VH if you gave them your number at the time of booking.
#933116 by sythe20
27 Feb 2017, 06:22
CHill710 wrote:You should also receive miles for the booking with VH so you should have received the miles for the flight and an additional 1 mile per £ from VH if you gave them your number at the time of booking.


This is what I understood too - miles for the booking (1 or 2 miles per £) with VS miles totally separate. A perk of booking with VH.
#933190 by daisymay
28 Feb 2017, 23:52
I hope you get your VIrgin Holiday miles, I have had numerous holidays that they do not give miles for as they said I had a small discount on the holiday price,which I think is very poor as most customers try and book when there is a sale of some sort on !!Virgin Atlantic however have always posted my miles flown as soon as I have returned home.
#933446 by sythe20
11 Mar 2017, 13:26
daisymay wrote:I hope you get your VIrgin Holiday miles, I have had numerous holidays that they do not give miles for as they said I had a small discount on the holiday price,which I think is very poor as most customers try and book when there is a sale of some sort on !!Virgin Atlantic however have always posted my miles flown as soon as I have returned home.


Well I hope so too as the only reason I went with VH was for the miles really. I could have booked dorect with Disney with VS flights for a slightly cheaper price.
#933447 by mitchja
11 Mar 2017, 13:44
It's only in the last few months or so that V Hols haven actually started offering those extra Flying Club miles for their holiday packages booked online.

Previously, to get the extra miles for V Hols bookings, you had to either ring to book or visit a V Hols store / concession stand. Online bookings used to be always excluded from earning those extra miles.
#933473 by jilly
11 Mar 2017, 23:13
I booked my stay in BGI last month through Virgin Atlantic (flight plus hotel). As I'm sure you're all aware this takes you to travelplus.virginatlantic.com

The cost of a package can be slightly less than the VH site although doesn't automatically include transfers, all tickets and hotel vouchers are still sent by VH.

However, when booking (unlike VH) it shows the total amount of miles earned on the booking, even if there is a discount.

I emailed VH who told me I could not have miles as I had a discount, did not book in store or by phone and give my FF number and this was the only way to earn miles through them.

I sent the screenshot of the booking asking for the miles again, it took a few days but I received an apology and the miles were credited immediately. VH said that their system could not differentiate between each type of booking and that's why I didn't get them automatically.

I now have received 2 x the cost of the booking plus miles flown for all passengers.

Jilly
#933476 by mitchja
12 Mar 2017, 00:07
The V Hols website does now show how many extra miles you will earn online (along with automatically adding on your Flying Club tier based discount) once you get to the entering your details section of the website after building your holiday package.

You do have to enter you name though and then FC number (new ones work) as it's clearly looking up your FC tier status to apply the relevant discount automatically.

After a couple of seconds the standard online discount gets replaced with your FC discount and you get the following :

Success! Your new price is £1,102.92 total, including a £39.21 total discount. Oh, and you’ve earned 2206 miles too!


The online discount started at something like £24 but changed to ~£39 after entering my FC number.
#933478 by jilly
12 Mar 2017, 02:17
mitchja wrote:The V Hols website does now show how many extra miles you will earn online (along with automatically adding on your Flying Club tier based discount) once you get to the entering your details section of the website after building your holiday package.

You do have to enter you name though and then FC number (new ones work) as it's clearly looking up your FC tier status to apply the relevant discount automatically.

After a couple of seconds the standard online discount gets replaced with your FC discount and you get the following :

Success! Your new price is £1,102.92 total, including a £39.21 total discount. Oh, and you’ve earned 2206 miles too!


The online discount started at something like £24 but changed to ~£39 after entering my FC number.


That's good to know, although when I booked the discount was way over 10% even before I added our FC numbers along with our other details - which could explain why the price didn't change for that particular booking.

Interesting that by email VH staff still said to me that it wasn't possible to book online , get a discount and earn miles though you obviously now can.

However, one point she did make is that miles, at the moment, are not added to any bookings automatically and that I would still have to claim miles by email or telephone for any future bookings. Can you confirm whether this is true or not?

Jilly
#933584 by sythe20
19 Mar 2017, 07:04
The whole process sounds very disorganised.

I booked in store, provided my flying club no. for the discount, and assumed this would mean I will qualify for the miles.

I suppose the only way of knowing in advance would be to e-mail VH and ask if I will qualify. As far as I know it was just a regular booking and during busy school holidays at top dollar so I will be slightly annoyed if not!
Virgin Atlantic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], cooperman, daviis, rbk, rosiej83, ScoobySu and 24 guests

Itinerary Calendar