This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933634 by Phil.Durrant
20 Mar 2017, 16:04
Hi, due to the changes in flying club structure, its looking like im going to be 25 points short of renewing my gold membership

Does anyone know if its ever possible to earn bonus tier points?? Desperately trying to find a way to hit the threshold!
#933635 by mitchja
20 Mar 2017, 16:21
VS have run a few bonus TP promos in the past when flying on VS; the last been last year, however, until they announce something similar, no-one know's for sure that they will run it again unfortunately.

Unless you are a US VS AmEX card holder, there's no other way to earn TP's other than flying.

25 TP's is a one-way Economy VS flight or a much cheaper option (if you can get to the US) is a one-way Delta economy domestic flight. SFO>LAX or JFK>BOS is about ~£60 for an economy one-way flight on Delta to earn 25 TP's.

Flying Delta domestic flights is currently by far the cheapest and easiest way to earn VS TP's at the minute.

The rumours are though that VS are looking to close this loop-hole at some point.
#933637 by SlimpyJones
20 Mar 2017, 16:37
You could always give them a call - for the equivalent of 1 TP in old money they might be willing to give you some wiggle room and tide you over for another year. Never hurts to ask!
#933639 by Phil.Durrant
20 Mar 2017, 16:50
do you know if you actually have to fly to get the points? In theory could i book the cheapest economy ticket i can find on delta for a one way trip and then just wait for the 25 points to appear in my account without actually turning up for the flight?!!
Virgin Atlantic