This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933709 by mccad06
23 Mar 2017, 02:11
I have been lurking this forum for a long time and really enjoy the content. First off, I want to send my condolences to the folks impacted by the cowardly attack in London. While I am California Kid, I absolutely love London and all of the UKits.

As most of you know, Delta is moving at LAX from Terminals 5 and 6 to Terminals 2 and 3 from 17 May thru 21 May. What I learned today is that 19, yes 19 other airlines will be moving during this same period. I am frequent traveler out of LAX and I cannot imagine the chaos that is going to take place. I have to travel during that period as my daughter is graduating from college that weekend, so I am going to prepare for the worst. >-(

In the long run this will be a huge improvement for VA and Delta as they will be in the same terminals and Delta will also be much closer to the Bradley International Terminal. But unless you absolutely have to use LAX in May, you should try and avoid. Besides, the May/June weather is our worst, we call it May Gray and June Gloom.

Terribly sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :-(

Kindest Regards,
Dan
#933711 by SlimpyJones
23 Mar 2017, 09:34
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Thank you for your comments and the heads up re: LAX. Although I cannot say I am shocked at LAX being messy during yet another period of transition :P

I was having a read of the new Delta Wing at LAX, sounds like they are investing a lot into the ground experience for Premium travellers, of which there is some eligibility for VS travellers, which I'd have to double check. Do you know if a new Skyclub will be coming with the terminal move or will the VS Clubhouse see increased traffic?
#933739 by mccad06
24 Mar 2017, 03:32
Yes, the story I got was there be a new enlarged Delta Sky Club with a deck allowing you to go outside and view takeoffs and landings, which I think would be a nice addition to the Club. My guess is that will be some time after the move when the Club will be fully operational as the article stated that Delta plans to totally refurbish Terminal 3, which I have not used in quite some time.

Regards,
Dan