This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933718 by SlimpyJones
23 Mar 2017, 17:17
Sad story really.

Alaska Airlines will adopt many of the brand elements that Virgin America enthusiasts love, including enhanced in-flight entertainment, mood lighting, music.

I have read on the Australian Business Traveller site that the mood lighting and seats will be removed and swapped for Alaska's, potentially the in-flight Wifi will be coming out as well.

Although I never got the chance to travel on VX myself it's a great shame to see it be absorbed along with many of the other smaller airlines.
#933723 by mitchja
23 Mar 2017, 19:03
Virgin America and Alaska are like polar opposites. Alaska are a very bland get you from A to B type airline with shabby A/C interiors that have horrid looking brown carpeted bulkheads (well all the Alaska A/C I've flown on have been anyway).

The WiFi is staying apparently as most Alaska aircraft already have it as both airlines use the GoGo system. The ground to air system is supposed to be getting replaced with a satellite system though.

I guess the #VXsafetydance will be going as well.

Whilst VX are good, I've found they have been getting very expensive compared to DL or UA.
#933733 by Pianofunk
23 Mar 2017, 21:51
I, for one will be very sad to see it go

Have used VX countless times between SFO and LAS in F and will miss the leather massage chairs and the space. It's been a great treat to the start of many US road trips