This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933745 by Smid
24 Mar 2017, 12:51
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/holi ... -real.html

Seems as if an email which looks like a scam, linked to a ropey number, showing their it systems f**kup to the general public again...

How much of the brand value did they lose in this cheap upgrade disaster??

Basically, they systems crashed and lost all the payment information for reserved seats. So the seats are reserved but need to be repaid.

Sounds to me they are reserved, already, why repay?

Frankly probably cost them more in brand to ask the customers to pay again, give them those for free, that's what I say....
#933749 by tontybear
24 Mar 2017, 15:14
I wonder what Oli Byers would have to say about this?

Oh Oli please come back and talk to us.
#933755 by mitchja
24 Mar 2017, 16:33
How many people actually pay to reserve their seats though? I bet it's not many TBH. It only applies to economy for a start.

Just looking at all my current future bookings and hardly any economy seats have been reserved for any of the flights as I suspect most pax wait until ONCI opens.

VS have been aware of this issue since the beginning of Feb and for those effected, a message is also displayed in their online booking.
#933781 by SuttonTravel
25 Mar 2017, 14:40
mitchja wrote:How many people actually pay to reserve their seats though? I bet it's not many TBH. It only applies to economy for a start.

Just looking at all my current future bookings and hardly any economy seats have been reserved for any of the flights as I suspect most pax wait until ONCI opens.

VS have been aware of this issue since the beginning of Feb and for those effected, a message is also displayed in their online booking.

You'd be surprised how many people, especially families travelling in Economy, do actually pre-book/pre-pay for their seats in advance. We have lots of clients who do, travelling with VS, and also EK/BA. And not just families either.