This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934049 by steve_nm
03 Apr 2017, 14:48
Flying 18 April-12 May.
Several months ago, I booked paid PE on VS8 and VS141 through Delta website as codeshare. Paid PE, fare class was W. Looking at the reservation now on both Delta and Virgin websites, the fare class is A - First Class on Delta, Upper Class on VS.
I can't imagine I've gotten a free upgrade to UC.
My guess is there is a Delta system issue, and if I select seats in UC now I will get moved back to PE at some point before the actual flights.
Any info or insights are greatly appreciated.
#934053 by SlimpyJones
03 Apr 2017, 15:00
Seems to be affecting quite a few people. There's a thread about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=295290

Virgin don't use 'A' class so it could be some weirdness on Delta's end.

Edit: Just found an explanation on Flyertalk:

Right now DL is under going a fare class realignment in preparation for selling PE on its flights. A right now on DL is First Class. However with the changes A has become PE. This just changed this weekend. Thus what you're being told is Business/First is actually just PE.
#934063 by tontybear
03 Apr 2017, 19:43
people on the DL board on flyer talk are reporting that whilst the seat map will let them select a seat in UC the selection is not sticking.

Don't get your hopes up that you've been upgraded.

Both DL and VS are aware of this problem and have tols other passengers that it will be fixed in 7-10 days. But we've had that before.
Virgin Atlantic