This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934261 by Vegascrazy
10 Apr 2017, 15:12
Just wondered if anyone else has come across this: Had a voicemail from Virgin Atlantic Crawley team saying "nothing to worry about but just to advise that you're only allowed 1 x 23kg checked bag and not 3 x 32kg on your upcoming trip to Key West via Atlanta. This is because of weight restrictions at Key West Airport with its short runway".

To be honest it's no big deal as we weren't planning on taking loads of stuff. Anyone else encountered the same flying DL into Key West. A couple of years ago I flew AA there in First (definitely had more than one checked bag) and there was no weight restriction back then?

Thanks
James
#934262 by ColH
10 Apr 2017, 15:18
I haven't flown there but I have a friend who went there and said much the same so I assume it is correct.

I did go to the Seychelles years ago and we had to leave most bags in storage at the main airport when we flew to Bird Island as it had a very short runway, so I guess it's quite common.
#934275 by mitchja
10 Apr 2017, 19:14
There's a section on the VS website about this with a little bit more info stating that if you booked before Feb 17th 2017, VS customer relations will actually reimburse you if you get hit with any excess luggage charges on the DL flight.
#934284 by Vegascrazy
10 Apr 2017, 20:22
mitchja wrote:There's a section on the VS website about this with a little bit more info stating that if you booked before Feb 17th 2017, VS customer relations will actually reimburse you if you get hit with any excess luggage charges on the DL flight.

Thanks so much James, this certainly had been made clear in the voicemail - good news!
Virgin Atlantic