This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934293 by sythe20
11 Apr 2017, 05:37
Saw availability in UC on VS website so called to upgrade with miles for our ATL-LON 27/10 flight. Was advised that VH hadn't released the tickets yet so called them later as soon as they opened. They then advised it would take 24 hours...

Checked the website the following morning and availability was still showing. Called VH when the 24hrs was up as still no tickets issued. They said there was an issue with their system and he would call me back as soon as it was sorted.

Waited with baited breath and finally had a call to say tickets had been issued and I could give VS the call to upgrade our W fare tickets.

When I called VS the Gs were gone ;-( ;-(

So gutted I could cry :blush:
#934298 by sythe20
11 Apr 2017, 07:37
ColOrd wrote:Would VS not put them on hold for you?

The lady I spoke to certainly didn't offer to do that - just said to speak to VH first.
#934301 by stuart_f
11 Apr 2017, 09:11
You could try taking this to Twitter and see if, as a goodwill gesture, revenue management might open up 2 more Gs since the agent didn't offer you the hold.
#934304 by sythe20
11 Apr 2017, 10:01
stuart_f wrote:You could try taking this to Twitter and see if, as a goodwill gesture, revenue management might open up 2 more Gs since the agent didn't offer you the hold.

Have done just that now. Will see if anything happens...
Virgin Atlantic