This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934531 by gilly
19 Apr 2017, 11:39
We're looking to acquire two Gs to HKG on Wednesday March 28th next year - to join QM2.

Reward flights to HKG seem to be appearing day by day and are plentiful on Monday-Thursday so I'm optimistic it will ok, but it will be the Wednesday before Easter so may be popular and WILL cost more miles! After studying carefully which days they are released, I think our day will be May 1st, but does anyone know at what sort of time?

No matter how early I check, and believe me I'm checking ALL the time, they are always there, so might it be midnight? I'm rarely up that late and if I am, usually checking flights is the last thing on my mind!

Does anyone know? Many thanks.
#934818 by gilly
01 May 2017, 13:38
Just to follow up on this post, the reward seats were loaded a minute or two after midnight and I got the two Gs I wanted! Happy days!
#934821 by gilly
01 May 2017, 16:41
They have been releasing two a day (for Monday-Thursday) day by day, so each day I did a dummy booking. Today they released for March 28th 2018

And after checking, another two have been released!
#934836 by JCBR
02 May 2017, 08:51
G seats on that route are very hard to get in advance of day of departure (I have found recently).
For example I can see at least 9 unsold UC seats tonight but they have still not released ay for upgrade - it is often done at the airport on day of dip. I guess they hold them as long as possible in the hope of selling them at the last minute - or getting people to pay up to the UC seat. I was talking to the staff at SFO and they said that even when there are empty seats they give airport priority to paid airport upgrades and only then allow miles upgrades (which are then - in theory - done on FC status).
However, it still seems a bit of a lottery !
Virgin Atlantic