This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934719 by thejuice
27 Apr 2017, 21:34
Hi all,

I recently did a return trip to the US westcoast in economy. When i got back i checked my account and had been credited with half the expected miles.

I know that there was a devaluation at some point last year but this was booked way in advance of that last summer. Also another flight i booked at the same time that was flown in January received the 'full' miles.

Do i have any chance of getting what i expected?

Thanks
#934723 by mitchja
27 Apr 2017, 23:09
Welcome to V-Flyer :-)

Do you know what the fare codes where they you had booked as different economy fares codes do earn different milage?

VS now have 3 different 'tiers' for all economy fares (Flexible, Low and Lowest).

You didn't mention the route or your Flying Club tier level, but as an example from this page a return economy flight LHR>SFO will earn you the following for a Red Flying Club member:

Fare codes Y, B, R (Flexible) = 16,086 miles
Fare codes L, U or M (Low) = 10,724 miles
Fare codes E, Q, X, V, N, O (Lowest) = 5,362 miles

Any flight you flew on or after 13th November 2016 will be at the new earning rate regardless of when it was booked as well.
#934732 by thejuice
28 Apr 2017, 07:24
Thanks for the reply. I'm 99% sure both flights were booked in the cheapest bucket, and I am lowly red member. This explains why I only got 50% of the miles for my recent flight but not why I got 100% for a flight to Dubai at the beginning of the year. I can't imagine the Dubai flight being booked into a higher fare code as it was just a standard low fare booked through netflights.